Crash on OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Hi,

I've just updated my mac operating system to OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) and then Plastic SCM didn't start anymore. It shows the icon and disappear. I tried uninstalling and installing again but it's still crashing.

This is the crash message when I open "plastic" from command line:

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.KnownColors ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus ---> System.DllNotFoundException: /Applications/PlasticSCM/mono/Versions/2.6.4/lib/libgdiplus.dylib
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHdcInternal (IntPtr hdc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.Finalize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Drawing.Color.get_Black () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeVisualStyles..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_MenuAccessKeysUnderlined () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:.ctor ()
  at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox+MessageBoxForm..ctor (IWin32Window owner, System.String text, System.String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, Boolean displayHelpButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox+MessageBoxForm..ctor (IWin32Window owner, System.String text, System.String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton, MessageBoxOptions options, Boolean displayHelpButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox/MessageBoxForm:.ctor (System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window,string,string,System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxButtons,System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxIcon,System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxDefaultButton,System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxOptions,bool)
  at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show (IWin32Window owner, System.String text, System.String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Codice.I3.I3MessageBox.Show (IWin32Window window, System.String text, System.String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Codice.I3.I3MessageBox.Show (System.String text, System.String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ce.a (System.String A_0, System.String A_1, MessageBoxIcon A_2, IWin32Window A_3) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ce.a (System.String A_0, System.String A_1, MessageBoxIcon A_2, ISynchronizeInvoke A_3, IWin32Window A_4) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ce.a (System.String A_0, MessageBoxIcon A_1, ISynchronizeInvoke A_2, IWin32Window A_3) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ce.a (System.String A_0, System.Exception A_1, MessageBoxIcon A_2, ISynchronizeInvoke A_3, IWin32Window A_4) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ce.a (System.String A_0, System.Exception A_1, MessageBoxIcon A_2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ce.b (System.Exception A_0) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at xk.a (System.String[] A_0) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Also when the Plastic SCM installation ends and tries to configure Server and Client it crashes and shows this messages:

post-21676-0-62630000-1413995037_thumb.png

post-21676-0-53159100-1413995041_thumb.png

Anyone had this same issue after updating OSX?

Thanks for all,

Edu

The Yosemite Installer removes a symlink that X11 needs to run properly with plastic. Simply open a console and type:

sudo ln -s /opt/X11/ /usr/X11

This will restore the symlink.  Afterwards Plastic should run again.

That being said, I'd love to get a native client for OS X, which would make the X11 hack uneccessary.

when you go to the X11 quartz website http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac they have 2 versions for download, the stable and the development versions. I had the stable installed so i went ahead and upgraded to the development version and it fixed the problem in yosemite

i tried uninstalling and resintalling (i had the stable version) and that didnt work for me

• 2 weeks later...

Archived