Jira 5 support

manu

Hi all,

we have been testing the Jira 5 release (5.0.2) and everything seems that is working. The JIra 5 SOAP API hasn't changed since last compatible version.

The custom field is still needed so please create it. The "Accept remote API calls" option seems that is enabled by default, just in case check it. :)

post-112-0-85006200-1334135807_thumb.png

Feedback please!

I can also confirm that it's working, but I have some questions:

1) In branch-per-task mode, the "Plastic SCM" field gets populated with all the changesets from the task branch and also after merging the newly merged changesets get duplicated (see the attached picture). It would be better just to say "merged changesets X,Y,Z to 'main'"

2) Can we include in the description the check-in comments?

3) It seems that Plastic SCM supports linking issues to just one Jira project, is that right?

post-104-0-64861600-1334764675_thumb.png

Hi immitev,

1) I will review the behavior.

2) I'll propose it to the team, it sounds obviously and interesting. Can you add the idea into the user voice system

3) Not only one, multiple projects are also supported.

Set the "project key" field in the Jira configuration wizard as: MULTIPLE_PROJECTS

Then name your branches like this %BRANCH_PREFIX%-%JIRA_PROJECT_NAME%-%JIRA_TASK_NUMBER%

For example: scm-prj1-1234

Note: The BRANCH_PREFIX is the one you write in the "Branch prefix" in the Jira configuration wizard.

Thanks for the quick answer,

For (2) I tried to add it to the user voice, but it seems to be down today. So I'll put it here for now:

"Currently the generated text is fixed to: Changeset <n> by <username> - (repository <repositoryName>) <list-of-changed-files>

It would be nice if this format can be configurable. Additionally it would be great to include the changeset <comment> and <date>."

• 4 months later...

The MULTIPLE_PROJECTS configuration for JIRA is not working for me.. Does it only work on a new branch? These branches I had were not initially configured for multiple project, I had the project key hard-coded at first.. then i applied MULTIPLE_PROJECTS and renamed the branches... should it be working now..?

See screenshot: http://www.screencast.com/t/LLXqypeF

I'm using version 4.1.10.335

Hi immitev,

1) I will review the behavior.

2) I'll propose it to the team, it sounds obviously and interesting. Can you add the idea into the user voice system

3) Not only one, multiple projects are also supported.

Set the "project key" field in the Jira configuration wizard as: MULTIPLE_PROJECTS

Then name your branches like this %BRANCH_PREFIX%-%JIRA_PROJECT_NAME%-%JIRA_TASK_NUMBER%

For example: scm-prj1-1234

Note: The BRANCH_PREFIX is the one you write in the "Branch prefix" in the Jira configuration wizard.

I got it to bind correctly, the actual format for this integration is not as defined above.. it's:

%BRANCH_PREFIX%%JIRAPROJECTKEY%-%JIRA_TASK_NUMBER%

notice the missing dash after branch prefix, that's not part of the format...

So i configured my BRANCH_PREFIX = jira_ and my my branches are named like: jira_MYPROJECT-101.

However, the checkin did not update the customField... should the "CustomField ID" property in pscm settings be like this "customfield_10200" or just the id "10200"? When does this value get update on jira, when i do a plastic checkin?

Thanks for the clarification :)

The value of the CustomField ID, should be like the first one: "customfield_10200", and it is updated when you perform a checking. Anyway, this logging feature will be probably updated in the next public release, fixing some bugs and with a better formatting of the logged files.

regards

• 7 months later...

Archived