All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. calbzam

Prefabs missing

Ok, let me understand the issue. You switch your workspace from the branch explorer to a specific branch but some files are not downloaded? Switch to the same branch in a different machine, are the files downloaded? Regards, Carlos.
  3. It is only started to work after installation legacy gtk 2 iconset in kde settings. Because it is using legacy icons i am afraid that can happen one day when it will be not possible to use it anymore because old iconset will be removed from distribution. Beside this, modal window "Icon 'unknown' not present in theme" absolutely block any actions with gui inteface. Not possible even to close application. Is it possible to change little bit policy about error reports for example all not critical errors send to log files only without modals. Basically linux gtk client looks little bit outdated. May be exist sense to move to qt instead of gtk ? May be as a another solution to prevent such kind of issues : will be nice to have opportunity to configure iconset (icon mappings) inside config files. Or may be i think the best it will be nice to add Plastic own iconset to plastic client installation package and place all needed icons to installation directory . In this case you unbind your project from different linux distributions .
  4. Hello, Please give a try to the following workaround, and let us know if it worked.The errors are due to a missing icon in your current GTK icon theme (as the error messages say). One workaround is trying to install a new theme, we can also try to change the icon theme using the gtkrc-2.0 configuration file.1) Navigate to /usr/share/icons2) List the directory content. For me, the content of /usr/share/icons is:Adawaita, HighContrast, Humanity, Humanity-Dark, LoginIcons, default, hicolor, locolor, ubuntu-mono-dark and ubuntu-mono-light.3) Create a file in your $HOME with name .gtkrc-2.0 and the following content:gtk-icon-theme-name="Humanity"If you don't like the Humanity icon theme, or you don't have it available, you can choose other theme changing "Humanity" for any of the icon themes you have in /usr/share/icons.4) Save the contents of .gtkrc-2.0 and restart gtkplastic. Change the theme if the error persists. Regards, Carlos.
  5. Last week
  6. Guest

Prefabs missing

Good afternoon, We had an issue when merging where all of the prefabs were missing components. To try and fix this, we deleted the file from the computer both in plastic and locally, and tried to make a new workspace, but when we switched to that changset the errors were still there. It seems to be an issue only on that computer, as when we switch others to that changeset it worked fine. Are there any suggestion for what to do? We've even tried deleting all instances of plastic and reinstalling. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
  7. Kubuntu latest version with all updates KDE Fix this . 2019-06-21 19:16:33,991 ktoto ERROR Program - The runtime is terminating [False] 2019-06-21 19:16:33,994 ktoto ERROR ExceptionHandler - [HandleUnhandledGLibException] Unexpected error: Icon 'unknown' not present in theme 2019-06-21 19:16:33,995 ktoto DEBUG ExceptionHandler - Stack trace: at Gtk.IconTheme.LoadIcon (System.String icon_name, System.Int32 size, Gtk.IconLookupFlags flags) [0x00048] in <dc5edc3cf5244a9e8b6ef8d8ca6b6434>:0 at bo.a (System.String A_0) [0x0003d] in <2540d0696db14974811be605e4914b60>:0 at bo.h (System.String A_0) [0x00007] in <2540d0696db14974811be605e4914b60>:0 at bo.e (System.String A_0) [0x00001] in <2540d0696db14974811be605e4914b60>:0 at x0.a (r6 A_0) [0x0005b] in <2540d0696db14974811be605e4914b60>:0 at x0.a (Gtk.TreeViewColumn A_0, Gtk.CellRenderer A_1, Gtk.TreeModel A_2, Gtk.TreeIter A_3) [0x0001e] in <2540d0696db14974811be605e4914b60>:0 at GtkSharp.TreeCellDataFuncWrapper.NativeCallback (System.IntPtr tree_column, System.IntPtr cell, System.IntPtr tree_model, System.IntPtr iter, System.IntPtr data) [0x0002c] in <dc5edc3cf5244a9e8b6ef8d8ca6b6434>:0 2019-06-21 19:16:34,001 ktoto ERROR Program - The runtime is terminating [False] 2019-06-21 19:16:34,002 ktoto ERROR ExceptionHandler - [HandleUnhandledGLibException] Unexpected error: Icon 'unknown' not present in theme 2019-06-21 19:16:34,003 ktoto DEBUG ExceptionHandler - Stack trace: at Gtk.IconTheme.LoadIcon (System.String icon_name, System.Int32 size, Gtk.IconLookupFlags flags) [0x00048] in <dc5edc3cf5244a9e8b6ef8d8ca6b6434>:0 at bo.a (System.String A_0) [0x0003d] in <2540d0696db14974811be605e4914b60>:0 at bo.h (System.String A_0) [0x00007] in <2540d0696db14974811be605e4914b60>:0 at bo.e (System.String A_0) [0x00001] in <2540d0696db14974811be605e4914b60>:0 at x0.a (r6 A_0) [0x0005b] in <2540d0696db14974811be605e4914b60>:0 at x0.a (Gtk.TreeViewColumn A_0, Gtk.CellRenderer A_1, Gtk.TreeModel A_2, Gtk.TreeIter A_3) [0x0001e] in <2540d0696db14974811be605e4914b60>:0 at GtkSharp.TreeCellDataFuncWrapper.NativeCallback (System.IntPtr tree_column, System.IntPtr cell, System.IntPtr tree_model, System.IntPtr iter, System.IntPtr data) [0x0002c] in <dc5edc3cf5244a9e8b6ef8d8ca6b6434>:0 2019-06-21 19:16:34,007 ktoto ERROR Program - The runtime is terminating [False] 2019-06-21 19:16:38,950 ktoto DEBUG Telemetry - Flush time 5509 ms
  8. Ok, sorry. If the artist is using Plastic GUI, if he/she opens the branch explorer --> browse repository in this changeset --> select the file --> Save revisions as. Are you able to save the file revision in your disk? If a different artist from a different workspace runs the same update, are you reproducing the issue? Regards, Carlos.
  9. Hi, They are using Plastic SCM not Gluon. Is there a plastic SCM equivalent? What else could cause this in Plastic SCM?
  10. Hi, If the artist, is using Gluon, they can customize the files to download via the "configure" button. If a file/folder is not configured, it won't be downloaded when you run an update. Please review in the "configure" panel if the file appears to be configured and if after selecting the file, the artists is able to download it. I guess other artists/developers are not affected, right? I mean they all can download this file. Regards, Carlos.
  11. Hi, One of our artists has created a new work space and in one folder a particular .mb file isn't present, all the other .mb file are present. t's there if they browse the repository at the latest changeset submitted to main. There is no mention of this file in any ignore, cloaked of hidden_files file. If we look at the history of the file from the browse repository then non of the file changeslist numbers are in bold. There is nothing in their pending chnages. I.e no deletes. Updating the workspace doesn't fix it. Adding a new file to this folder and merging from main and it appears fine. What could be causing this? Thanks, Stephen.
  12. calbzam

ERROR_Preferences

Could you attach the Plastic client log? C:\Users\carlos\AppData\Local\plastic4\logs\plastic.debug.log.txt If you rename the "plastic4" folder and reconfigure the Plastic client, does the issue persist? Regards, Carlos.
  13. Deleting a group with a space in the name is not possible either: However, renaming the group from "smurf 2" to "smurf_2" and then deleting it works.
  14. Hi, if you create a group with a space in the name, then you cannot add users to the group. The add operation will fail with a "404 not found". Repro case: 1. create this test group 2. attempt to add any user that exists in your organization 3. Observe the following error This works properly if I attempt to add the same user to a group without a space in the name.
  15. Nayana

ERROR_Preferences

Iam getting error pop up when i click on Preferences tab of plastics. Please suggest me the solution and what could be the problem.
  16. Hello, Iam getting error pop-up when i click on Preferances tab of Plastics.Please suggest me what could be the problem.
  17. psantosl

sync bug

Thanks for the kind words. It is extremely encouraging for the entire team that you take a minute to share such kind words. Thanks.
  18. CG

sync bug

And just because it should be said...in my opinion this is hands down the best version control system available today. Keep up all the good work and innovative ideas!
  19. CG

sync bug

That's great! Good to know! Thanks!!
  20. psantosl

sync bug

Hey, No, no worries. Underneath Xlinks use GUIDs 😉
  21. CG

sync bug

One more point/question...since you recommend not using changesets and say they aren't very relevant...is there an alternative method for creating xlinks that uses the GUID instead of a changeset? Cloning a repo to a new server where "relative xlinks" are used means that the changeset link will break, right? Since the changesets will be different after a clone?
  22. Ah, good to know, I assumed that much. I was just taking the word of my colleague for it that he had to commit it. I sent additional info to the email you gave, the ticket number is 18298. Cheers!
  23. Earlier
  24. Could you attach the full client logs for the user having the issue (and if possible a user not having the issue)? (you can also send it to support@codicesoftware.com). I guess there is not an external tool (antivirus...) removing the content of this folder, right? It's a bit weird that the issue is only happening to one user in your team (I guess you are using, the same Plastic server, connecting to the same server...). The user who faces the issue could create a local "ignore.conf" in the workspace so you don' t need to commit the file to the repo. Regards, Carlos.
  25. CG

sync bug

I still use SQL Server as the back end. It fits within our existing backup scheme without issue (each repo database is automatically included in the backup and maintenance scheme--tran logs every 15 minutes, diffs each night, weekly fulls, snapshots to SAN, then weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly tape archives, etc). So it's just easy to stick with SQL. I like your method of using the GUI and placing it in the product name. I'll switch over to that. In the past the changeset wasn't a big deal because the builds were all run against the central "gold" repository of truth. So clients syncing with it is a non-issue since the official builds come from it, and a changeset won't ever change it's number once it is made. So by embedding it int he product version info (instead of the product name) we can always tie it back. My issue with this post was that by trying to move the repo to a new location (not snycing it with an existing repo with contents, but really moving it) I lost the changeset link to the builds. It's not that big a deal because we still have labels for every build that was released so we can tie back, it's just not as clean. So yes, good tip about the GUID, and that makes sense (it's just a little unwieldy to put the GUID in the build instance names in our devops tool as seeing a repo and changeset number was simpler). But it makes more sense as it truly is unique across all working instances of the repo (it's just harder to search on and say to someone over the phone).
  26. psantosl

sync bug

Are you using Jet as backend? (I bet you do). If so, it is possible to simply "copy" the repo. That being said: you are better served by GUIDs than changeset ids for embedding the number in the executable. We should rethink the clone to preserve the numbers (no reason not to, initially) but it would be a major redesign. I'm not saying it is not worth (it is, you are right in your points), but I'm not sure we'll be able to deal with it shortly. Would it be possible for you to embed the GUIDs instead of the csetid? This is what we do ourselves:
  27. CG

sync bug

As a followup, this makes it impossible for me to move a repository to a subrepository and maintain an accurate copy. We include the changeset from which a build was made in the version info of an .exe or .dll. If we want to move a repo then that breaks that metadata link since there's no way to copy/clone the repo to a subrepo and preserve changesets. Unless you have another suggestion on how I can get a 1:1 copy of a repo into another new empty repo (or sub repo). Thanks.
  28. CG

sync bug

Just one sync view, pushing all branches from a single repo to an empty repo. I had expected the changeset ordering the remain the same since the target repo was empty. I understand changesets might change with merging repos that had to be reconciled with changes in each, but having no changes in one I thought I could get an exact copy. So....I wiped it out and tried clone instead. I expected clone to make an exact copy...but even that fails. Clone is not preserving changesets. As far as I can tell they are chronologically correct (i.e. every changeset is greater than the changeset that can before it). However if my source repo has gaps in changesets (due to a delete for example) then those gaps don't propagate via clone. Example, my source repo I'm cloning has changesets 1,2,5,7,8 then after cloning my destination repo has changesets 1,2,3,4,5. I understand why changesets with replication can be off (but I don't like that they chronologically off), but I would expect clone to actually clone and that I'd have an exact copy of what I'm cloning. Changesets shouldn't change with a clone.
  1. Load more activity