All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Okay, well, I was able to follow this link and literally copy the repository files to the windows server to preserve the old repositories. The only thing that didn't copy over properly was the user.conf. for some reason it would not recognize the users when I tried to connect from my dev machine. So I recreated the users using umtoolgui.exe. This makes me wonder if I put the old user.conf in the wrong folder with the repos because I just noticed a new one in the install folder - same folder as umtoolgui.exe. Anyway, my old repos are successfully transferred from the old Linux box to the new Windows 10 box and I can see them on my dev box. But I was reading how great the Jet db is and was wondering if I can use the "Migrate database backend" in the Plastic SCM Server administration tool to convert the sql lite repos to Jet? If so are there any blogs or links someone could share how to properly do it? It seem straight forward but I don't want to assume. What's throwing me off is the request for prefix and suffix.
  3. I've asked a similar question about 2yrs ago before our Linux server died, but the situation has changed and I need some help again. We have been using Plastic for years with an internal Linux server. The server recently gave up the ghost, but I was able to backup the repositories safely. We are not very Linux savvy so we decided to recreate the new server on a windows 10 box. I have downloaded the latest software and believe the server is configured correctly so now I want to "import" my older repositories into this new server setup. So here's my situation: Previous repository was on a Ubuntu 14.0 Linux server with Plastic SCM 5. The repo data is in sqllite database format. Our new windows 10 server is ready with Team License installer server/client version 8.0.163476. The server database backend is currently set as Jet. How can I "migrate" from an older repository that's in sql lite to a new Jet database? Is it possible?
  4. Suddenly,it can work,I'm confused. I switch to the Personal Edition,then I switch it back and reload the license. Even though I don't know why it can work but thanks for the help.
  5. -Yes, it is able to run. -The first image. -No,I didn't find it.
  6. Thank you for the quick reply, I've sent you the required file
  7. Hi, If you configure "mergetool" to be run for a specific file type (eg: .cs), it will be run (and not the semantic merge tool). Currently, the semantic merge tool is the default for generic text files. Regards, Carlos.
  8. Hi, Could you reach us at support@codicesoftware.com with the "plastic.debug.log.txt" in order to review the error details? Regards, Carlos.
  9. Hi, I am getting the following error when try to sync two servers both servers using Jet database 2019-08-21 10:44:23,735 User-PC ERROR Operations - OnError catching exception [The given key was not present in the dictionary.] - Plastic server version: 8.0.16.3480 2019-08-21 10:44:23,736 ERROR PlasticProto.ConnectionFromClient - conn 3. Error in ProcessMethodCall for method GetReplicationSyncStatus. There has been an unexpected error "The given key was not present in the dictionary.". For more information check the server log. the issue started when I was trying to checkin my changes in new branch then my PC freezes and I had to restart, after that the newly created changeset was gone and I started to face this issue Now I can create branches and changeset, but I will not be able to sync the servers I opened rep_4/branches/names.dat and found the branch's name which cause the issue, but I cannot find this branch in Branches tab or in Branch Explorer tab. Is there any thing I can do to solve this issue?
  10. Hello, I have a question again After 8.0.16.3339, semantic merge is default merge tool for .cs files. However, sometimes semantic merge worked very weired with some auto generated cs files. (Those .cs files were conflcted in semantic merge tool, but not conflicted in legacy text merge tool) So, I like to use old legacy text merge as default merge tool, but I can't find any option about that. Currently, I always run text merge after semantic merge runs first, and it was very cumbersome. I hope there is a good way to solve this problem. Thanks for reading my question.
  11. Last week
  12. Hello, We are trying to use Plastic SCM as a Git Server. We are able to connect to it via SourceTree. Items in red are censored from the real information. The file I'm trying to add is a text file with 4 characters in it. SourceTree error: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false push -v origin feat/Test:feat/Test Pushing to git://Computer:9418/repo Looking up Computer... done. Connecting to Computer(port 9418) ... X.X.X.X done. error: remote unpack failed: An error was raised by libgit2. Category = Odb (Error).? Invalid pack file - base entry delta is not in the same pack fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: Git push via cmd: Counting objects: 3, done. Delta compression using up to 8 threads. Compressing objects: 100% (2/2), done. Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 277 bytes | 277.00 KiB/s, done. Total 3 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0) error: remote unpack failed: An error was raised by libgit2. Category = Odb (Error).? Invalid pack file - base entry delta is not in the same pack fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: Any thoughts as to what I may be doing wrong? Regards, Aaron
  13. Hi, The thing is when you are undoing changes, Plastic internally promotes them first to checkout and that's why the trigger is invoked. We should protect this scenario to avoid the "before-clientcheckout" triggers to be run in this scenario. Sorry for the inconveniences, Carlos.
  14. Hi Andy, Please check the following blog post and let us know if you still have any question: http://blog.plasticscm.com/2019/03/connect-unity-cloud-build-to-plastic-cloud.html Regards, Carlos.
  15. Hello, I'm using plasticscm 8.0.16.3400 version. I have a question about the before-clientcheckout trigger. When I undo changed files (which is not explictly checked out, they are automatically detected as changed) before-clientcheckout trigger is always invoked. All I want to do is just undo changed files, why that trigger is invoked? It seems to be a programmatic issue, but it's very strange invoking before-clientcheckout trigger by undo changed files. (Actually before-clientcheckout trigger is not invoked when I undo explictly checked out files.) So I wonder if there is a way around this issue. Thank you for reading my question.
  16. I'm evaluating PlasticSCM Cloud Edition right now, and I'm finding an endless series of hoops to jump through to get Plastic connected to the Unity Cloud Build system. I'm not particularly technically minded/server oriented (hence using Cloud Build instead of running my own CI pipeline), but I see that Plastic has some sort of "git support". Can I hook that up with a custom URL somehow?
  17. Hi, Please clarify if we can use before-checkin trigger for this scenario. If yes could you please provide some samples or can we configure in plastic SCM windows client (GUI tool)? I need to check if the revision number (a variable inside the file) in a *.c file need to be incremented each time I check-in. Currently the revision number is updated manually and sometime people forget to update the revision and its causing issue. My intention is to not to allow check-in of the file if the revision number is same before check-in. Thanks in advance!!!
  18. Hello Pablo, Then yes, that is something I don't like about git, plastic, or really any scm I've used. When I branch I'd want the branch to well be branched. I guess this would involve either a branch containing an "empty" change set representing no differences or a commit like command that created a branch at the same time. Regards, Aaron
  19. Hello Pablo, But main always have an initial changeset with the root dir. Indeed! Its a nice feature of Plastic. I guess I was thinking about Git at the time. also, if you create a branch from another one, they share the same location (like Git) but it is not dynamic or anything. So, not sure why you need the intermediate changeset ๐Ÿ˜‰ My apologies if I am confused, but I am not sure what you mean by same location. Do you mean the same change set? Regards, Aaron
  20. - If you try to start the "Plastic Server 6" service, is it able to run? Could you attach your "plastic.debug.log.txt"? - According to the "cm licenseinfo" command, your trial license is expired. So it seems your server is running but still with the expired license. - Do you have a "plasticd.token.lic" in the "server" folder? In that case, please remove it. - Are you evaluating Plastic SCM? In that case, you can reach us at support@codicesoftware.com and we can arrange a meeting to debug the issue. Regards, Carlos.
  21. But main always have an initial changeset with the root dir. also, if you create a branch from another one, they share the same location (like Git) but it is not dynamic or anything. So, not sure why you need the intermediate changeset ๐Ÿ˜‰
  22. Hello Pablo, Your welcome. Hmm... I think git is closer to what I'd want, but I'm not a fan of how minimal branches in git. I don't like that to rename a branch I have to delete it in git. I like that Plastic treats branches more like "objects", but I think its a matter of workflow. For example the reason that I wanted no change sets on my develop branch is that I want the first change set on the develop branch to represent the first feature I add. I really would love no change sets in main either at the beginning. So my deal work flow for a new project would be: Create a repo. Create Main. Branch Develop off of Main. Branch a feature branch of a Develop. Create the initial directory layout and ignore files. Create a change set for the initial directory layout and files in the feature branch Merge the first feature branch into develop. Work on N number of new features. Merge these into Develop as complete. Merge develop into Main for the first release. Continue working in feature branches and develop until another release is ready. Instead I need to: Create a repo. Create the main branch. Create a commit in main. (Normally a readme.md or .gitignore to have something to check in.) Create the develop branch. Make something to create a commit in the develop branch. (Folder structure with descriptive markdown files.) Work on the feature I wanted to start with. Merge that feature into develop. Work on N number of new features. Merge these into Develop as complete. Then eventually merge develop into main on release. Not much different, but its weird that main needs something to create a change set against as a base line. Can't I just have an empty branch as a base change set? Shouldn't the starting point be nothing for the main and no difference for a new branch? Just my 2 cents. Regards, Aaron
  23. Thanks for replying. The first image is what I get. I find my co-worker's computer is running the Plasticd.exe at the Task Manager, But I didn't.(Image -2) Plus, I also don't know how to do this.(Image -3) Thanks.
  24. Thanks for the details, Aaron. It is a real pleasure and privilege to learn more about version control from experienced users. Regarding this: What would be your desired behavior? We changed how branches worked in Plastic eons ago, and I'm always eager to know about other options. We used to have some sort of branch inheritance where you could make a change to a parent branch and then changes were dynamically propagated to children if they didn't collide, and I used to love it, but it was extremely confusing for mostly everyone. So, please, share what your ideal behavior would be. pablo
  25. Hello Pablo, It makes sense to have branches rely on change sets. An unfortunate, but reasonable requirement. " you can play with permissions to deny people creating child branches, or you can create triggers to control the branch hierarchy " Thank you for pointing out that there are permission options, I didn't realize you could customize the access options like that on branches. I also found a configuration option in the display options where I could uncheck "display full branch names" and I also found the vertical display option for branches. Its nice to see the client and server are flexible. So I'm sure I'll find a combination of display and permission options to get the repo into the state I want. "That being said: do you have a Perforce background? "๏ปฟ No. I have a background in Git, SVN, TFS, and CVS (way back in the day). "And, why do you need this complex branch hierarchy? Have you read about our recommended branching pattern?" Not in detail, but from a high level it looks like the cactus branching strategy? The company I work for follows a modified version of Git Flow where we create a branch per task/feature (we work to make these changes small per branch and we keep the branches around) and then merge these branches into develop once they've been reviewed. The master branch holds releases. If a release needs to be modified, then we create a branch off the commit from Master to hold just those changes and treat it like its own "develop" branch. Its probably not all that different from what you recommend. However. we do a release every 1 to 2 years. I'd love to release more frequently, but the regulatory environment I work in prevents that. Regards, Aaron
  26. Branches start from a changeset. Thatโ€™s why an empty branch behaves this way. you can play with permissions to deny people creating child branches, or you can create triggers to control the branch hierarchy That being said: do you have a Perforce background? And, why do you need this complex branch hierarchy? Have you read about our recommended branching pattern? https://www.plasticscm.com/book/#_a_perfect_workflow
  1. Load more activity