I'm back in search for some additional help.
I made a fresh start to make sure i have a small and reproducible scenario here.
So what i did is:
- Fresh install of CentOS 7 Minimal
- Update CentOS
- Opened some firewall ports:
firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port 7178/tcp
firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port 7179/tcp
firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port 8087/tcp
firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port 8088/tcp
- Installed Plastic SCM Package:
wget https://www.plasticscm.com/plasticrepo/stable/redhat/plasticscm-stable.repo -O /etc/yum.repos.d/plasticscm-stable.repo
dnf install -y plasticscm-server-netcore
- Configure Plastic SCM:
- Set Admin Password:
/opt/plasticscm5/server/plasticd adminpwd --pwd=SuperSecureAdminPassword
- Add Start and Autostart:
systemctl start plasticscm-server
systemctl enable plasticscm-server
At this point i started testing. Hope this is the bare minimum required to do functional testing.
1. So about logging, i did not have a loader.log.conf in the server directory, i think it's actually missing in the repo if it should be there. There is one in the "config_samples" subfolder so i just moved that over and logging comes right back. So no real issue here. Guess it would just be nice to have that in the documentation somewhere knowing that it's off by default and that it needs to be moved to the server folder?
2. About the webadmin i can reach the webadmin right away on the ssl port 7179 although it's without ssl no certificate. On some settings however it is showing an error page. Checking the logs i noticed the it could not open the config files. So i checked them and noticed that the user.conf and webadmin.conf have the owner and group set to "root" instead of "plasticscm". Changing that gave the webadmin full functionality back. I think this is a small error in the Plastic setup?
3. And finally ssl: The network.conf file in the server directory seems to be without ssl it just specifies port 8087 and 8088 and that's it. There is one in the already mentioned "config_samples" folder that includes "security", "sslPfxFile" and "sslPfxFilePassword". I don't know if this password is actually for the certificate that is in the server folder but i tried moving it there and it still gives me the same error as before. I did not try to generate my own certificate yet to keep the test setup as clean as possible but i'm happy to try.
i do have all the logfiles now and can share them here or via dm. The only part about ssl that indicates an error i could find is this:
(null) (null) (null) (null) (null) DEBUG networkserver - conn 2. port 8088. Connection accepted from [192.168.0.220]
(null) (null) (null) (null) (null) DEBUG networkserver - port 8088 - Waiting to accept connection
NetworkThread-25 DEBUG PlasticProto.ConnectionFromClient - conn 2. ReceiveAsync
A-5 DEBUG PlasticProto.ConnectionFromClient - conn 2. awaked. total 1
A-5 DEBUG WorkerThreadPool - Enqueued new work. Enqueued: 1 Worker threads: 1 (1 free). conn 2
A-5 DEBUG WorkerThreadPool - There are 1 free threads - not starting a new one. Enqueued: 1. conn 2
W-26 2 DEBUG WorkerThreadPool - Request dequeued. It was waiting for 00:00:00.0001292. Queued requests: 0. ThId: 26. conn 2
W-26 DEBUG WorkerThread - WorkerThread.Run: Work retrieved. ThId: 26. 75612 ms. conn 2
W-26 2 INFO PlasticProto.ConnectionFromClient - conn 2. Authentication failed, see inner exception.
W-26 2 INFO PlasticProto.ConnectionFromClient - conn 2 from 192.168.0.220 closed. Requests attended: 1
W-26 2 INFO ChannelCall - conn: 2 protocol:plasticproto sec:none recb: 95|rect: 0|sentb: 0|sendt: 0|queuedt: 0|prt: 7|th: 26|dest: 0|mt: 0|sert: 0|zip: 0|cpu: 0| 192.168.0.220|user:|Unknown-plasticproto
W-26 DEBUG WorkerThread - WorkerThread.Run: Going to GetWork. ThId: 26
So any help on the ssl issue is much appreciated.