Problem installing 4.1.10.283

Hi!

I was installing my Plastic's update here today and this error message was displayed.

See the image: post-188-0-38954100-1338166700_thumb.png

Actually, I had 3 messages like the image posted.

I selected the Ignore option and the installation worked as it should!

Just to point to you! :)

Hi cidico!

Was the same message always the same? It seems the installer was not able to create the shortcut, as the new one is the same as the old one it's not a problem but I'm wondering the reason of the error...

Did the installer ask for administrator permissions?

It sounds quite weird... for some reason it couldn't overwrite the Startup subfolder... Cidico, could you please send us the bitrock-installer.log, located in your local user "Temp" dir?

Hopefully, this file will give us more detail about what happened...

Many thanks,

Luis

Hi!

Hi cidico!

Was the same message always the same? It seems the installer was not able to create the shortcut, as the new one is the same as the old one it's not a problem but I'm wondering the reason of the error...

Did the installer ask for administrator permissions?

Well, I don't remember if it asked for admin permissions. I'm a admin at my home pc.

It wasn't the same error. The first message was attached one, the others were the same message, just changing the ending to Server Tools and Client Tools.

It sounds quite weird... for some reason it couldn't overwrite the Startup subfolder... Cidico, could you please send us the bitrock-installer.log, located in your local user "Temp" dir? Hopefully, this file will give us more detail about what happened... Many thanks, Luis

I tried to upload the log file and keep getting this error: "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

I'll send to manu via and he'll send to you!

Archived