Plastic Server 4 Service won't start

When I installed I got a message stating the service could not be started, when I try to manually start the service it says it has started and then stopped. I haven't used Plastic before and intended to trial it but haven't even got it to run yet.

Is there a quick way to debug this?

I would try installing Plastic with the administrator account, on the other hand the installation must claim for this requirement by default. You can

There's another way to start the plastic server, just open a command line window (as admin), change the directory to the Plastic SCM server (c:\Program Files\PlasticSCM\server) and issue one of this commands:

plasticd.exe --console

plasticd.exe --tray

Trying to run the console I got: Remoting configuration failed with the exception 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions etc

Hello breath2k,

I've seen this error before, sometime an anti-virus is blocking the Plastic SCM port. The windows firewall is also a good candidate for this port issue.

Can you review your firewall/antivirus configuration?

From the Microsoft documentation:

"another application, service, or kernel mode driver is bound to the same address with exclusive access. " (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740668%28v=VS.85%29.aspx#winsock.wsaeacces_2)

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxnetcom/thread/d23d471c-002a-4958-829e-eb221c8a4b76/

Try running a "netstat -an" command and check if something is blocking the port.

Hope it helps!

• 2 years later...

Problem is resolved:

There is a mono.security.dll found inside GAC. ($windir/assembly)

I (accidentally-luckily) found that it is installed by Telerik ORM.

I unistalled telerik orm, then unistall(right click) on mono.secuırity.dll in GAC folder.

Now Plastic Server is running OK.

I think this issue needs to be resolved by Plastic SCM developers as I was almost going for git ;)

Archived