Cannot configure server database backend

When I run configureserver, the configuration of the database server backend fails. Nothing happens when I click on "change the database backend now".

This is a clean install with no changes. I uninstalled and then reinstalled after deleting all of the files in /opt/plasticscm4.

Thanks

Hello s1000l,

can you kindly tell us you Plastic SCM version? The admintool db migration must be opened when you click in "Change the database backend now" if the wizard is not opening it we can do it manually. Please execute the admintool program and inside the "Database" tab you will be able to change the backend.

Can you lease tell me which backend you are going to use?

I execute "./configureserver" located in /opt/plasticscm4/server folder and step through the Plastic SCM server configuration wizard.

On the screen "Server configuration finished", I click on the highligted "change the ... if desired." and nothing happens. However, an error message appears in the terminal:

" xdg-open: unexpected argument 'database wizard' "

Can you tell me how I can execute the admintool program? I have tried to execute the admintool.exe program in the plastic server folder

I am attempting to install Plastic on a Ubuntu 12.04 server (i386) running in VMPlayer on a Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit server.

In the virtual Plastic server, I have installed Ubuntu with the LAMP option and am attempting to switch the Plastic server over to the mySQL server.

Does this give you enough details?

Ok, so here you have how to configure Plastic SCM with MySQL: http://www.plasticsc...with-mysql.aspx

Basically, if everything is fine at the MySQL side (port oppened, requests accepted, users and permissions stuff), you will only need to replace your current "db.conf" file with this new one: (The db.conf file is at the Plastic SCM server installation directory /opt/plasticscm/server)

<DbConfig>
 <ProviderName>mysql</ProviderName>
 <ConnectionString>Server=_SERVER_;User ID=_USER_;Password=_PASSWORD_;Database={0};Pooling=true</ConnectionString>
 <DatabasePath></DatabasePath>
</DbConfig>

Replace the _SERVER_ string with the MySQL server machine.

Replace the _USER_ string with the MySQL user. Typically root just to see everything is fine.

Replace the _PASSWORD_ string with the MySQL password for the user provided.

Stop the Plastic SCM server daemon and start it again.

I did try that and had what appeared to be a running Plastic server. I created a test repository and then logged into mySQL using a Linux client. When I accessed the mySQL server with Navigator or webmin, I cannot see any database created by Plastic.

I did restart plastic using "plasticsd restart" command.

That's strange, if the create repository didn't spit errors that's why

1) the server is still using sqlite.

2) the mysql database is created

Take a look into the Plastic SCM server log file (/opt/plasticscm/server/plastic.server.log) in order to get more information, if you are not able to get it up and running with MySQL we can schedule a short GoToMeeting session in order to fix it.

Can you please tell me your time zone?

After making the db.conf changes, "plasticsd stop" results in the following error:

Stopping PlasticSCM server:/opt/plasticscm4/server/plasticsd: line 120 [: too many arguments

No directory, logging in with HOME=/

When I attempt to restart plasticsd, I get the following error:

Warning: /tmp/plasticd4.exe.lock lock file exists but process is not running. Please delete this file.

No directory, logging in with HOME=/c

Starting PlasticSCM server: /opt/plasticscm4/server/plasticsd: line 69: [: too many arguments

No directory, logging in with HOME=/

Warning: /tmp/plasticd4.exe.lock lock file exists but process is not running. Please delete this file.

When I look into the log file I see the last entry as:

plasticscm at FATAL Daemon - Configuration file '/opt/plasticscm4/server/remoting.conf' could not be loaded: Address already in use

It seems the server is still running

Address already in use

Try the following:

ps -fA | grep plasticd

take the PID and kill it, remove the "/tmp/plasticd4.exe.lock" file and try to start again the daemon.

if it doesn't work you can manually start the daemon by running this command:

/opt/plasticscm/server> ./plasticd --daemon

I tried to kill the daemon twice and it still shows when I check with "ps -fA | grep plasticd" or just "ps -ax". In both cases, the daemon shows running on the same PID. In my case, this is 3481.

I am going to reboot the system ...

Archived