Cannot configure server database backend

That is what I suspect so something must have gone south on my server installation.

So, I did a clean install of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (x64) LAMP installation again. Installed webmin and ensured all of the expected services are up and running. Updated all of the files on the system and then proceeded to install Plastic SCM.

Downloaded PlasticSCM-4.1.10.320-linux-x64-installer.run from your website and ran the executable. Most everything seem to be going smoothly and then .. error encountered in the install.

From the terminal, I notice 2 warnings:

** (main.tcl:3156): WARNING **: The connection is closed

** (main.tcl:3156): WARNING **: Unable to create Ubuntu Menu Proxy: The connection is closed

Error running /opt/plasticscm4/server/configureserver :

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initialize for System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI --->

SystemTypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initialize for System.Drawing.GDIPlus ---> System DllNotFoundException: libgdiplus.so.0.0.0 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GdiPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drwaing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&) at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

.. there are a few more lines in the error ...

Hi s1000l,

the libgdiplus is not present in your Unix distribution, I have seen that error latest CentOS and Ubuntu x64 releases.

you can install the lib in your system and try again it should work fine. Of course, this error is not related with your MySQL issue.

Tell me if I can help you further.

OK I have had a bit of an install fiasco here, some of it my fault and some in the Plastic SCM installation packages.

Due to the problems that I read about (before your response), I noted that there were some errors with the x64 combination. As I almost had success with my first attempt, I went back to Ubuntu 32 and installed using the same steps as before. I also went and grabbed the Plastic SCM package again from your site.

When I looked at the .run file, I thought it looked different but thought nothing of it. I went ahead and installed Plastic using the same steps to get to the point where I would see the default databases appearing in mySQL.

Unfortunately, I kept encountering access to database errors which I could not resolve. I then took a look at the original .run file downloaded and it appears that Plastic has uploaded a new install file, .320 as opposed to .315 which I had been using in my previous install.

Anyways, I ran the uninstall, deleted all files from the /opt folder and installed .315.

I now have a running Plastic SCM installation that I can test using.

Any chance you can confirm the bug in the latest .320 build?

Archived