Error when installing 4.1.10.320 Windows 8 RC + VS 2012

Hi!

I know that Win 8 RC is not the key support here but I just setup this env to test VS 2012 RC without any problems to meu VS 2010 installation.

So, I tried to upgrade my 4.1.10.315 by the .320 release and I got the following error:

post-188-0-60966400-1343169430_thumb.png

The problem occurred when Plastic installer tried to registry the VS package on the VS2012 RC!

Just my 2 cents here! :)

post-188-0-60966400-1343169430_thumb.png

Just to add some info here....

The server-side installed without problems!

The client too! :)

EDIT: the plugin is working normally on VS 2012 without any problems.... :)

Seems only a installation error. \o/

Hi, cidico:

The problem happens when registering VS2010: the damned Micorosft.VisualStudio.Shell library was in the GAC until 2010 version and from VS2012 on it's not anymore . That's the reason why our installer registers the plugin for VS2012 using the VSIX system and not the regpkg utility anymore.

It seems that, for some reason, the regpkg utility now doesn't find the library...

We'll try to reproduce the case internally, but I'd appreciate if you could help us with the following information:

- Which versions os Visual Studio have you installed on the machine?

- In which order did you got to this case? Did it was: Install VS2010, Install VS2012, then Plastic SCM 4.1.10.315 and finally Plastic SCM 4.1.10.320?

- Which frameworks do you have installed (I suppose that all of them).

- The platform is Windows 8, isn't it?

Thanks a lot and sorry for the inconveniences, I'm glad to hear that you could workaround the problem.

Luis

Hi Luis!

I think that I only have the VS 2012 RC (latest update). I'm saying I think because I installed the SQL Server 2012 in the same machine env. and it looks a lot like the VS 2010.

I already had the VS 2012 RC installed, I was just installed the Plastic .320 update (I already had the .315 revision too).

I don't know what .net frameworks I have in that env., maybe the 4.0 and 4.5 (the ones that VS 2012 RC and Windows 8 RC installed by default)

And yes, I'm using a Windows 8 RC installation!

I didn't have any incoveniences, it was just a installation issue. Plastic is working pretty fine (client and VS package)!

If I can add any info to you, just ask! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Unfortunately I found the same problem again when updating from .320 to .333 :(

This time were several messages (I guess 3 times).

As I was in my "next next finish" mode, I totally forgot to take prints! My bad!

But the errors were related to the same problem as I described earlier.

PS: Just to add some info...

The installation happens without any problem. The update is performed and the client and VS are working fine.

It's just annoying to see error messages in installations! :)

Hi cidico,

I'm sure that it will happen again with the next release so it will be great if you could make some screenshots.

Can you please post us all the install.log files you will find at the the "C:\Documents And Files\user\Local Settings\Temp" directory?

Thanks!

Sure!

I'll post the log file to you when I get back home.

One thing... this time the error occurred at the "Cleaning previous version" time, I forgot to add this info.

When installing the update, nothing happens (I unchecked the VS 2005 ~ 2010 option)

The first time I had the error message, it was at installation time! (As you can see in the first print)

Archived