LOCKDE~1.EXE wants to close PlasticSCM-4.1.10.326-windows-installer.exe

I am trying to install PlasticSCM-4.1.10.326-windows-installer.exe over an older version (Windows XP Pro).

The installer starts running and then there is a step where it tests for programs that need to be closed (via a process called LOCKDE~1.EXE)

in this stage it says that PlasticSCM-4.1.10.326-windows-installer.exe needs to be closed.

Closing PlasticSCM-4.1.10.326-windows-installer.exe ends the installation, and without closing it the installation refuses to continue...

Hi Epeleg,

Could you tell us if you installed the Shell extension in the previous Plastic version or any other optional component?

I ask for the Shell Extension because it uses the explorer.exe process, and this process a bit naughty when it's all about blocking files and processes... ;-)

My guess is that a 3rd application is blocking the installer; could you please use Process Explorer from Sysinternals (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx) and go to Find -> Find handle or DLL and type the installer process name?

Also, please check with procexp or taskmgr that there isn't any other installer instance running.

Best,

Anuar

Hi Anuar,

While going to run the process explorer it turned out that my coworker placed the installer within the installation folder of the previous version...

When we moved the installer to the desktop and ran it again, the installation worked without any problem.

Thanks for your help

Archived