TeamCity Documentation Unavailable

stephen.finchett

I have downloaded the Teamcity plugin from the download page but I am unable to view / download the documentation for it.

The page https://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-how-to-integrate-plastic-scm-with-teamcity-ci.aspx goes to a 404 - not found page. Similarly, the other links throughout your site either go to the missing page or goto a # page. Has this content been removed? Can someone please put it back.

Thanks

Ste

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have looked at the details in the blog post but I have more questions.

When I set up the VCS root, I do not see anywhere to add a user id / password, nor do I see anywhere to specify the repository server etc.

How do I tell TeamCity the server the repository is on and where do I tell it which user Id and password to use when pulling the source code down?

We do not have a repository called 'default' and we used User ID / Passwords as our authentication method.

Thanks

Ste

Hi Ste,

For the credentials, you just need to configure Plastic SCM for the user that is executing the TeamCity service. (plastic --configure)

From the blog-post, while you are configuring the VCS root you are able to specify a "selector", so you can specify the branch to track.

post-112-0-02556400-1344855001_thumb.jpg

If you have more questions don't hesitate in contacting us.

Again, thanks for the quick reply but I am having problems.

I have plastic installed and working on the server.

I have configured the Plastic Client app to have a workspace and it has pulled the source into a working folder. All of our workstations can access the repository too - no problems there at all.

I then configured TeamCity as described in the page you gave me. I specified the repository in the Selector. I have tried leaving the Workspace directory field blank and setting it to where the Plastic Client App stored the workspace on disk (D:\Plastic\MyWorkspace).

If I click the Test Connection button on the VCS page, it hangs. It doesn't show any errors, it just shows the usual 'wait' icon next to the button.

If I do not click Test Connection and I just save the changes and the click Run against the build, the main projects page hangs at 'Checking for changes'. There is nothing in the log.

Please help. We need Plastic to integrate with TeamCity.

Ste

Hi Ste,

You should configure the Plastic SCM client for the user that is running the TeamCity service, a hardcore way to do it is copying your "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Local\plastic4\client.conf" into the "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM4\client" directory of your TeamCity machine.

Restart the TeamCity service and try again the test connection button.

Hi Again,

Thanks for the information. I had configured the client to use the correct user id and password. Once I copied the client.conf into the app folder everything worked straightaway. I now have clean builds - which is great. The only problem is that the conf file is now copied into the app folder. The TeamCity build agent and web service both use the same user (not the local system account). Do you have any idea why plastic is not picking up the settings from appdata? I did restart the services once I changed them to use the admin account.

Thanks

Ste

Archived