Plastic SCM does not display all Jira tasks on branch creation

marioo

Hi there!

We use Jira integration with Plastic SCM (5.4.16.768) to benefit from the feature of task selection when creating a new branch. We noticed, however, that not all open tasks are accessible from there, and it doesn't matter if the Display pending tasks from all users option is checked or not.

Would you be so kind to explain me what criteria you use for task filtering? I just want to understand whether some tasks are not displayed there purposefully or if there is a bug.

Thanks!

Hi!

this is the query we ran against the Jira REST API:

"search?jql=status != \"Done\" {0} ORDER BY id DESC&fields=summary,description,assignee&maxResults={1}";

So you should get all the tasks that are not "Done" yet. the mac results value is: "50"

Hi Manu,

Thanks for the response. I think I know where the problem might be. If you enter a phrase in the new branch window, it is searched among those 50 retrieved tasks only, right? And if you order the retrieved records descending by ID, then only 50 last tasks are accessible from there. In our case Jira stores quite many older tasks, and we cannot select them because of how this algorithm works.

Would you consider an improvement here? We would be grateful.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2016 at 5:06 AM, manu said:

"search?jql=status != \"Done\" {0} ORDER BY id DESC&fields=summary,description,assignee&maxResults={1}";

manu what does {0} represent here? Also, why do you use "Done" as the status rather than "Closed" and is there a way to change/customize this behavior? We want to use JIRA integration on several projects but we always get all tickets rather than just those that are not closed. This means we have to rely on manual task branch creation to link back to our JIRA tasks because we usually can't find the correct task to link to since it's not in the 50 allowed results.

I also noticed that when I turn on logging it doesn't list the query above anywhere when I go to create a branch. It would be nice to have the exact query in the log.

Hi Heater!

It's basically the Project Key.

If I'm right the "Done" status used to be the new "Closed" one, not anymore so I'll take into account your suggestions and I'll discuss this to be changed.

You are right, the query is not written, let me add this too to the internal request.

4 hours ago, manu said:

Hi Heater!

It's basically the Project Key.

If I'm right the "Done" status used to be the new "Closed" one, not anymore so I'll take into account your suggestions and I'll discuss this to be changed.

You are right, the query is not written, let me add this too to the internal request.

Thanks for the response manu. Could you please update this thread with some way to track the issue? Is there any chance these details could be made part of the configuration so we can change the following options?

• custom "Pending" (not "Done") status string
    • "Closed" could change in the future so why not make this a config option? 
  • custom max results
    • 50 is way too low for the number of issues we have in JIRA
    • we are aware of the performance cost of increasing this

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

the second one is available: 5.4.16.794

[New]
JIRA extension: A new parameter called 'Issue query limit' has been added to the extension configuration parameters. It is used to manually tune the maximum number of returned results in the 'create branch' dialog. Its default value is 50, and it can be set to any positive number.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was wondering on the status of

1) custom "Pending" (not "Done") status string

We're currently setting up Plastic SCM with a Jira server we've been using for 4 years and there are a lot of tasks that are "Closed", not "Done", and we don't want to have to go through and alter every legacy task in the system.

Ideally we need the ability to customise the Jira search string entirely, or at a bar minimum, the Project Key on a per repository basis, and issue status' to ignore in the search.  There was suggestion of the Project Key pre repository here (https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/2924008-issue-tracking-jira-configurable-project-key-fo) however that has been closed in favour of the MULTIPLE_PROJECTS workflow which is far from perfect.  Right now we have no way of using the "From Task" window when creating a new child branch as there are too many tasks coming through from Jira.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

We have just released the following feature:
https://www.plasticscm.com/download/releasenotes/6.0.16.1168

JIRA extension: A new 'Resolved statuses' configuration entry has been added to the JIRA configuration. This new entry will hold a comma-separated list of status names to be considered as 'resolved'. The default value is 'Done', so no issues with status 'Done' will be shown in the task list on the New Branch dialog by default.

Regards,

Carlos.

Archived