Update with newer changes

JakubH

I like the new feature of looking for newer changes in repository while showing pending changes. However when some new changes appears and I perform and update to them, my workspace selector doesn't change. So according to branch explorer I am at the last changeset, but according to selector, I am still in the past. If I now perform an update operation, it gets me back to the former changeset. It is confusing. Especially in combination with the Visual Studio integration, where Update is named Update to Latest version. It moves me to the past, actually. That's stupid.

Good one! I'll insert the bug in our internal bug tracking system. Thanks!

EDIT: This is only happening when you are working with "Changeset" selector mode. I mean if you right click a changeset and then you switch to it. Everything works fine if you switch to the branch.

Oh, you just open a completely new area to me! I didn't know that I can have only a branch (without a specific changeset) in my selector and the Update operation takes me to the latest revision automatically. Then the Update to Latest version label makes sense in that case. Thanks!

• 8 months later...

Archived