StevenTCramer@gmail.com

SSL Sync "No Channel Found"

So when you say ASAP....it's been over a month and the latest release (from two days ago) still doesn't address this. Any ideas on when sync replication over SSL will be available?

I see it didn't make it into this last release. Any update on when it might make it into a public release? I'd love to start using this feature, but I can't open the service up to the devs that would need it without securing it via ssl. So for now they could only sync when they are physically back in the office.

On a side note, do you by any chance have a public, readonly view of your issue tracking list? The company's responsiveness on the forums is great, but it would be nice to be able to keep track of issues and where they stand in the roadmap. I know you've got the feedback, but that's not quite the same thing.

Thanks.

Hi CG,

let me check when the task is going to be scheduled. Right now there's no way to open a client side of our bug tracking system.

Just a note: you can use the replication with SSL connectivity using the default "Rigt click in branch" -> "Replication" ...

Just a note: you can use the replication with SSL connectivity using the default "Rigt click in branch" -> "Replication" ...

Unfortunately that's really cumbersome and difficult to use as a replacement for sync replication. For example, if I have a release candidate branch with lots of task branches hanging off of it, when I perform the replication by "right clicking" a branch, I don't get all the unintegrated task branches that are hanging off it--I'd have to go to each task branch I want and pull that in. With sync replication, of course, I can just pull in all the changes in the repo since the last time I synced...and with branch per task development, that's a necessity (in my opinion).

So your idea is a workaround, just a little painful in some situations. :unsure:

Ah...that works splendidly! No problems running that over SSL whatsoever. Of course, the GUI is still nicer for manual review of what's changed and deciding what to pull down. But being able to have a batch file I can run that simply syncs all the things I'm interested in gets me where I need to be.

Hopefully you can get the GUI fixed soon for the SSL sync.

Thanks so much for the repliKate info!

This still isn't fixed. I wouldn't think it shouldn't be that tough a bug fix to get completed (especially since you already have the core code in the workaround). We're going on 5 MONTHS now from when you said it would be fixed ASAP. I truly hope your idea of ASAP isn't this long.  :unsure:  .

Can we stop hearing that it'll be done "in the next sprint" and just get it fixed? Please? 

I'm sorry about the delay.

We have been focused in the Git bidirectional synchronization and the new merge tool. The task is on top of the list so once we start with bug fixing tasks it will be the first to complete.

Well, finally! we have it fixed!!!!

Sorry for the delay.... remember that all the feedback is welcome.

For the Plastic SCM 4.1 users you can grab it inside the 4.1.10.419 release and for the Plastic SCM 4.2 the same task is integrated in 4.2.30.420. All in our donwloads page.

Best regards,

Manu,.

Please test it and tell us if it works for you.

You need to create a new Sync view entry, if you already have an old one that it's not working remove it.