LDAP Authentication problem

geoff5777

We seem to be in a similar situation with our VPN setup and users working on personal laptops that are not added directly to the domain.  We have the server authentication mode set to "Active Directory", but VPN'ed clients are unable to connect using the ADWorkingMode.  Setting this manually to LDAPWorkingMode allows the user to enter their username/password, but having to tell people to make this change manually is not ideal.

Is the only solution to set the server up in LDAP mode with AD support or is there some way to have the Client Configuration Dialog set the working mode to LDAP so that users that need to can enter a username and password?

Hi!

if the users using the VPN are not added to the domain they must use the LDAP auth mode on their clients, there's no other way to do it.

If i were one of those users I will setup my plastic client to always use LDAP credentials in that way it will work for the VPN and also when they connect from the inside. (Keeping the server in AD)

LDAP is fine, but having to tell people to manually edit a configuration file just to connect is the problem.  Is there some way the authentication mode can be set to LDAP when connecting from a fresh install (without a local server) so that they are able to then enter their credentials?

It seems that clicking the "Connect" button on the client configuration dialog sees that the server is set to AD and then prevents the user from entering their credentials.

• 3 months later...

Archived