More build management tool integration is needed

shachris23

I think for Plastic SCM to gain wider acceptance in the industry is more integration with popular continuous integration servers such as:

Jetbrains TeamCity

Atlassian Bamboo

Thoughtworks Cruise

Zutubi Pulse

just to name a few.

From my research so far, the new ideas that Plastic SCM is introducing is awesome. I really wish I could migrate from SVN to Plastic. I think the only thing that stops me is that Plastic doesnt integrate with our TeamCity CI server.

Hi,

Good points! Thanks for the suggestions!

Actually Cruise should be integrated out of the box since we do integrate with Cruise Control and Cruise Control.NET. We'll talk to the Thoughtworks guys.

You know you can actually migrate a SVN repos to Plastic SCM, don't you?

TeamCity looks awesome, I'll talk to the team, let's see what we can do, these kind of integrations are normally quite fast to finish.

We already integrate to Final Builder, although we're waiting for them to get it published.

Hi,

Thanks for a prompt response.

Yes, I have gone through Plastic's website and documentation and see that Plastic offers facility to migrate from SVN. It's great to have this feature as it fosters application adoption.

Seems like you work for Plastic, so I have some comments.

Typo on website

If you go to,

http://www.codicesoftware.com/xpfront.aspx

then look under "Evaluation Resources"

"Comparation table" should be "Comparison table"

Industry Perception

I'm not trying to be nitpicky or anything, but did you know that some people are skeptical about Plastic just because of the misspellings on your site? For example, check this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/694766/can-i-trust-plastic-scm. Others are also skeptical because you guys are so new to the market. (I personally dont mind a new product as long as they bring something new to the table that enhances productivity, which I think you are/ )

Overall feeling about your product

I have gone through a lot of Plastic's documentation and ideas from your blog, and I think your thoughts on SCM are very modern (and I feel very real-world applicable). As a software developer, I appreciate the insight thought out from you guys.

I also think graphical repository visualization and tight IDE integration are awesome.

Lastly, once more integration with other popular CI servers are completed, I feel Plastic SCM certainly could become a SCM force to be reckoned!.

Hi again shachris,

Thank you for your feedback, we'll fix it as soon as possible... We're much better developing Plastic SCM than websites I'm afraid... #-o

Fortunately we've just hired a webdev company, so this glitches should disappear really soon... :-({|=

Industry Perception

I'm not trying to be nitpicky or anything' date=' but did you know that some people are skeptical about Plastic just because of the misspellings on your site? For example, check this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/694766/can-i-trust-plastic-scm. Others are also skeptical because you guys are so new to the market. (I personally dont mind a new product as long as they bring something new to the table that enhances productivity, which I think you are/ )

[/quote']

Again, I really appreciate your comments. It's good to read them so we can better focus on what is important. Yes, definitely we've to put more effort on the website, it's always an ongoing effort and we were not doing a good job with it so far. It deserves more attention and better quality. It will be fixed soon (ok, now it depends on how fast the web company work...)

About being new there's few we can do except... getting older :-". We're growing and we've tons of new ideas for the upcoming versions of Plastic SCM, so I expect more and more people to trust both the company and the product.

We've just started a new "sprint" today and we scheduled some time to take a look at the build management integrations, so you can expect some good progress soon.

Thanks for your feedback!

Archived