Preferences not editable

rblock

Hi,

I already installed the latest version of PlasticSCM but still the same problem. If I click on "Preferences" on the left in the menu of Client GUI the "RSS Notifications" will be opened. :(

If I click on "RSS Notifications" it is opened, too.

I really do not enjoy this behaviour. Does anybody knows what to do in order to correct it?

Sighing greetings

Reiner

post-39-0-00354600-1354719932_thumb.png

Hi Manuel,

in the attached ZIP-File you'll find the following files.

PlasticSCM.20121205-21.log.txt (the log file)

guiclient.conf (from c:\Users\Reiner\AppData\Local\plastic4\)

guivisualstate.xml (from c:\Users\Reiner\AppData\Local\plastic4\)

shellguivisualstate.xml (from c:\Users\Reiner\AppData\Local\plastic4\)

HTH

Reiner

PlasticSCM-Log.zip

Hi, Reiner:

I'm afraid that I cannot reproduce your problem, even using your config files that you sent in the last post :-(

Could you please tell us what Plastic components do you have installed in your machine?

In any case, the only thing I can recommend to you is to download and install the latest Plastic SCM version (4.1.10.376).

This issue is not related with a configuration file, but with events; those events are programmatically established in the code, so it's quite, quite weird that this happens. Maybe corrupted files?

We could discuss Microsoft's .NET Framework, then.

Sorry for the inconveniences and best regards,

Luis

Hi Luis,

is it possible to get a debug file for the client? Perhaps I can debug it in Visual Studio 2010/2012 Pro or at least a version that writes a log what happen, which event is thrown when I click at the buttons. Because normally a button is clicked, the click event is in a specific method handled.

BTW, as I wrote I already installed the latest version and during the installation the old one is removed, isn't it?

Asking greetings

Reiner

Hi Reiner,

I'm sorry but there's no way to debug it in your site. Let me insert the task in our bug tracking system.

The issue is only affecting one installation right? Do you have the server in a different machine?

Yes, the upgrade first uninstalls Plastic and then perform a semi clean installation. It's not a 100% clean installation since the configuration files are preserved.

Hi Manuel,

so I closed all tabs (normally I remain they opened), and tried then to start the Preferences... and it worked!

So something was in a mess by letting all the tabs open and just close and reopen the client program.

Meditative greetings

Reiner

Archived