WebUI Configuration

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the WebUI package onto our web server. I pointed it to our database server where the main repositories are located in Plastic.

I configured the app to use the Name method as we use name and password authentication to the server.

The install went fine in IIS and the site came up as expected.

However I am unable to login with my known credentials. It keeps saying that the user name and password are incorrect.

I am assuming that I am to use the credentials from the database server to login. Is this correct?

Any help would be appreciated in getting this resolved.

Many thanks 

Peter

OK, so I found the webui.log.txt file in the bin directory. Not sure if it was always there or only appeared after I gave the IIS_USERS Write permission on the WebUI folder.

It pointed me to the fact that it couldn't connect to the database server. Fixed that by allowing the IP address for the web server as an allowed address in the Inbound rule for that port on the database server.

Still didn't work. Then I found that I had different authentication modes set between the servers. Fixed that to be the same and the login worked. Yay!!

The first time in it didn't show any repositories, but a page refresh showed them all.

All running OK now.

Thanks

Archived