Repository deleted by accidental overwrite

Hello,

I ran into a major problem. One of our admins was learning how Plastic worked and accidentally overwrote the repository when he created a new repository on the server with the same name, thinking he was creating a new workspace.

This completely erased the whole repo and all of our history. This shouldn't be possible from the UI. I'd recommend putting a warning in that won't allow you to create a new repository with the same name.

If you need any more detail, please let me know.

As a side note, I'm so glad that Plastic only overwrote the reference instead of deleting the db :)  After a little digging into the database, I was able to fix the table reference in Repositories and it's now back and available to my team:)

Hi!

Firt, I'm happy you are working fine! :)

Regarding the issue, It's strange since Plastic will never let you create a new repository with the same one. You will  need to delete the repository and create a new one with the same name that the removed one was having...

When you delete a repository the database files are still there, the link between Plastic and the database file is broken, nothing is removed so you can use the "cm addrep" command in order to relink them again.

Regards!

Archived