No Channel Found

Hi

I'm getting 'No Channel Found' errors on my old workspaces (I moved the primairy HD from one machine to another, so IP address and machine name changed).  All repositories where accessible through localhost:8087.

Newly created repositories and workspaces work fine, sync replication (on an old repository) work fine, but the Branches and BranchExplorer tabs give a popup error.

regards

Wim van der Vegt

Hi,

If I understood, you have now linked the workspaces to the new server IP? It should be the first step. You can check "workspace_path\.plastic\plastic.selector" file. 

If you did it, close Branch Explorer tabs and restart Plastic GUI. You could have some old info cached.

If it doesn't help, enable the "Enable shared workspaces support (Samba/WinShare), save the preferences and close the GUI. Backup your workspace content and using terminal or finder delete the .plastic\plastic.wktree and .\plastic\plastic.changes if you have any.

Then execute a "cm update" command or open the GUI and right click the root item -> Update.

Let me know if it works. Best regards,

Carlos

Hi

I solved it by changing all selectors manually to use my new machine name (as it was a local/private plasticscm server that caused problems). I also had to close all tabs on each workspace.

As I have 80+ repo's (and workspaces) it took some time. Automating it would not hurt (and at least a better error message).

regards

Archived