Installer not running - blank window

Im trying to install the latest version 4.1.10.414, full client/server package but when i run it all i get is a blank window.

I download the file "PlasticSCM-4.1.10.414-windows-installer.exe", run it, click Yes for UAC, then the small blank window appears. see attached. I can close the window or kill the process to exit but no matter how long i leave it running nothing happens.

Im running Windows 7 x64, ive got VS2012 installed plus many versions of .Net. I even tried disabling AVG but it doesnt help. Also tried the previous version, build 411, but it doesnt work either.

Let me know if you need more info or anything.

Thanks.

post-4591-0-46504600-1364063554_thumb.png

Well I fixed it. By creating another user profile and running the installer from there.

It doesnt write a log file and i couldnt see what files or anything else it was trying to access. I had a customer once with a problem no one could figure out, in the end their IT guy fixed it by creating them a new profile, so i figured it was worth a try.

No idea what exactly causes this but due to laziness and repeated SSD failures, dont buy OCZ, most of my AppData etc. folders came from a backup of a previous install. But then again that was 6 moths ago and i havent run into any other strangeness so could be completely unrelated.

Anyway, if anyone else ever sees this just create another user to run the installer.

Archived