plastic scm 4.1.10.419 crashing on checking in on Ubuntu

ankit

Hi

I am new(brand) to plastic and have been trying it out since the last couple of days. But whenever I try to checkin the modification/changes that I have made, plastic crashes unexpectedly. So, when I reopen it and go to the pending changes sections, it shows all those modifications as pending only. I have tried many things from changing the version to running it through the terminal, but to no awail. Help/suggestions in this regard are appreciated.

P.S

I am using a 64bit Ubuntu 12.10 machine and the server is having the 4.1.10.419 version of plastic. 

thanks

Ankit

Hi,

Sure, I receive 2 errors at different stages:

1. Generic Error [GDI+ status: GenericError] -------- this error occurs everytime plastic is opened.

2. A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter] --------- this error occurs whenever I try and checkin the pending changes, it flashes for a millisecond before plastic crashes and closes but I was able to get a screenshot of the same.

thanks

Ankit

Hi,

I have attached the screenshots of the 2 errors that I am encountering. The 1st one is when I run plastic.exe and the 2nd 1 is just before it crashes when I checkin the pending modifications. Although the 2nd error just flashes for a millisecond I was able to capture its screenshot

Yes all other views are working fine-branch explorer branch view and everything, I am even able to switch workspace to new branches.

I am also trying to get the plastic.log.txt file but as soon as I paste the plastic.log.conf file in the directory containing the plastic.exe file and then try and run plastic through terminal, even though it runs plastic, it throws an error in the terminal itself

log4net:ERROR [RollingFileAppender] Unable to acquire lock on file /opt/plasticscm4/client/plastic20130417-14.log.txt. Access to the path "/opt/plasticscm4/client/plastic20130417-14.log.txt" is denied.

thanks for the help

Ankit

post-4999-0-81785600-1366190506_thumb.png

post-4999-0-47232600-1366190520_thumb.png

Please run the following command and try to open the GUI, if it starts please try to open the pending changes view and tell me if it fails.

mv /opt/plasticscm4/mono/lib/libgdiplus.so.0.0.0 /opt/plasticscm4/mono/lib/libgdiplus.so.0.0.0.bak

If the GUI doesn't start you can try to download the "libgdiplus.so.0.0.0" library for your linux distro and test it again.

Hi

Nothing worked so I formatted my system and re-installed plastic now its working maybe there was some problem with my graphic card driver installation initially or maybe with mono that was there in my system. Anyways it is working fine now.

Thanks for the help!!!

Archived