List of modified and new files in branch

jrcastell

Is there a way to get a list of the files that were changed in a branch or workspace so that I can export them to a text file or at least have it so that we can copy and paste the list into into a document? This would be helpful for those of us that do not have an integrated task management system so that we can incorporate the list of changed files into a document.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Two answers here:

- We're going to add this functionality to our GUI so it will be much easier.

- Right now you CAN do it from the command line: just run a cm find. Example: cm find revision where branch='/main/mytask'. You can redirect the output to a file.

Which issue tracking system are you using? Because we've already a nice list of them and we can directly add the modified files to the issue tracking.

• 8 months later...
- Right now you CAN do it from the command line: just run a cm find. Example: cm find revision where branch='/main/mytask'. You can redirect the output to a file.

Hi!

This is my first post here! 8-[

I'm playing with PlasticSCM, and I find it a good one.

In my sw house we are looking for a SCM, but we have a not-common way to work.

We develop in COBOL (good'ol...), so we have hundreds of spare programs that we costantly fix and release in small groups.

If today there's a problem in myprog.cbl and myother.cbl, we fix them then we create a small numbered zip file that we release on a our custom web-app, where client can donwload and apply it.

So I figured out how to work with Plastic: every time there's a work like this to do, you create a branch, do the work, then merge with /main branch. But previously, we need to take note of which file we modified, so we can compile them and create the zip.

I need to export list of difference from my branch to the main branch like jrcastell asked you; how can I do?

There's a command-line reference?

We work in 13 people, most in COBOL, but not me: I work in C#.

Can I think about a custom program that to the diff from a branch to another, than get list of files so my program can launch COBOL compiler to generate on the fly binary programs and our fix-zip, too? Can be a simple/rapid doing that tool, in your opinion?

Thank you!

Nando

Hi, Nando:

You can do this using our powerful simple query system, with the following command:

cm find revision where revno= 'LAST' and branch = 'br:/main/...'

This will retrieve those items that have revisions in the branch specified (that is, items modified in the branch; in other words the fix you've develop in the branch). If you execute this command outside a workspace you will need to specify the repository to query:

cm find revision where revno= 'LAST' and branch = 'br:/main/...' on repositories 'default@myserver:8084'.

In addition to this, you can filter the result using the --format option, which is very useful for scripting purposes:

cm find revision where revno= 'LAST' and branch = 'br:/main/...' on repositories 'default@myserver:8084' --format{item}

This will retrieve only the items' names changed in the branch.

To obtain a complete list of object you can filter, type cm showfindobjects. The interesting ones for your purposes are those grouped by "REVISION".

Then you can use the output of this command in a script.

If you have any further questions, please let us know, and of course, enjoy Plastic SCM.

Best,

Luis

Archived