ignore.conf .vssscc and .vspscc files

dpadlewski

In my ignore.conf, I've chosen to ignore the .vssscc files (visual studio solution source contol files)

however I forgot to ignore the .vspscc file (visual studio project source control files)

Is it a good practive to ignore these or include them. I guess the big reason to choose to ignore them is if someone is using a different source control provider.

Anyone have some suggestions or practices with these files?

Hi,

as a rule of thumb, we'd recommend letting Visual Studio handle those files. It'll add to source control the files it needs and leave out those not needed.

.vspscc files are added automatically by visual studio, so it's better to have them controlled (these are for the project settings)

.vssscc files also manage the solution bindings, so also better to have them controlled (again, automatically handled by Visual Studio).

These files are used internally by visual studio to manage source control integration as well as the offline mode, so you may find that they are checked out sometimes. Anyway if you use the SCC plugin, you don't need to care about them.

Also, visual studio can have problems with the source control bindings if the files it needs are not under source control.

Archived