File type recognition

Jaapjan

Pablo recommended I post my question here.

During the evaluation we ran into a few problems/inconveniences.

My question is when the solution will be implemented or if one is already available. The problem was this:

Plastic SCM internally recognizes source files of various type in a case insensitive manner. Good on Windows!

However, we are dealing with many filetypes which PlasticSCM doesn't recognize by itself. For this you have filetypes.conf. Any type you define here however, even on Windows, is case sensitive!

This means that if you have many files called .vw, .Vw, .VW you will need three entries just for this file-extension to get them to be checked in as text files instead of binary! This is highly inconvenient.

I belief filetypes.conf is a local computer based configuration file. Why not make it case insensitive on Windows or allow another paramater to register them as case-insensitive?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We have been studying the best way to implement it, one of the ideas is making it regex capable.

honestly since we are releasing BIG functionalities lately (list long to write here) this one has a lower prio.

Personally I would like to see it soon, Ill PING the dev. team again. :)

• 1 month later...

Jaapjan wrote:

I belief filetypes.conf is a local computer based configuration file. Why not make it case insensitive on Windows or allow another paramater to register them as case-insensitive?

Miller,

Done!, please download the latest 3.0.7 (3.0.187.7) filetypes.conf is case-insensitive on Windows.

Tell me how it goes!

Archived