Unable to complete merge

kevinj

I have a branch at the 'base' of my repository, call it dev.

Off dev I create a child branch. I've made changes to dev and to the child, however. When I try and merge from dev to the child I get this in the client:

Changed only on source, automatic merge (2 items)

Item 1 (It's a DLL)

Item 2 (text file)

Moved, automatic merge (1 items)

A dll

Nothing I do can convince plastic to go any further.

If I create a new child from dev, I can merge *to* that from the original child, but merging back from the new child to the original child gives me the same issues.

I'm assuming that I can't ignore this (or can I).

Is there a way out of or around this?

Thanks

• 4 months later...

I have a similar issue. I have merged from one branch to another and most of my merges were completed. Both Automatic and manual. But after processing the merge the Windows still shows four items that needs merging. Three that are changed only on source and one that is deleted on source. Pressing the "Process all merges" button does nothing. I cannot commit because a merge is in Progress. I have tried resetting the merge and doing it Again. Same result.

Is there anywhere on the command line or in the tool where I can do a force or something similar so I can proceed? Or what options do I have from here?

I am running on Windows using semantic merge. Plastic version 4.1.10.477.

Hello Fehaar,

can you please repeat the merge usign the command line? The command should be something like:

cm merge br:/main/xxxx --merge --verbose

Post us the result.

Additionally can you please try to repeat the merge from the GUI but using a different workspace? I want to try to find out where the issue is coming from.

Regards!

I am also having the same problem.  The merge view shows I have 15 items to merge, but pressing the "Process all merges" button does not merge them.  I have also attached a screenshot of the merge view screen.

Plastic SCM: Version 4.1.10.464

Semantic merge: Version 0.0.39.0

post-7726-0-82772100-1380810900_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Sorry! I totally forgot about this thread as I got my problem resolved. One of my collegaues did the merge with no problems - he had a different version of Plastic. I haven't run into the issue again until just now in a different merge.

This time I have tried the command line and I ended up with the same issues. But along the way I got a popup that I didn't get when merging through the GUI. It says: "The file have too many differences, there aren't enough resources to complete the operation.". I looked at the merge in the GUI and resolved the file that had that issue but now I am still stuck with three files that says they merge automatically but cannot be processed. It is one moved, one changed on source and one deleted on source.

Hi fehaar,

can you please check if the thing with big files names if affecting the first workspace?

If you still have the change to reproduce the issue you can try the operation using the command line as I proposed up there, the verbose option will give us more info.

Enabling the client and server log will also help to identify if the fist workspace is having any issue.

I have tried the command line. Same result. No apparent errors in the console logs.

None of the problematic files have fantastically long path names.

It seems like my workspace is in a lot of trouble. After making the merge on the secondary workspace I tried to update to that new changeset and it failed miserably giving me all sorts of assertion errors and other goodies. It looks like I have to abandon that workspace entirely.

Archived