PlasticSCM and OnTime

tom.peters

Good Day -

We have OnTime installed as a client/server implementation. All of our OnTime users use the client install of OnTime, not the web.

Looking at the documentation (Extensions), it seems a bit out of date when it states: "This extension is compatible with Axosoft OnTime versions 2005, 2006 and 2007." We are running OnTime 2010. Is that supported?

Also, please note this statement from the extensions documentation:

To setup the OnTime extension functionality, the used version must have Ontime 200x

WebServer and Ontime 200x SDK installed. The first one is necessary to open the data

related to a bug through a web browser. The second one is necessary to allow third parties,

like Plastic SCM to retrieve information regarding an issue.

Do we need to install the WebServer? If we only want Plastic to be able to update OnTime and not open a web browser, would the SDK suffice?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

yes, we are moving and evolving fast with extensions etc. so I can imagine that the docs can

get slightly outdated.

Please see the official compatibility list on our webpage.

http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/third-party-compatibility.aspx

Which answering your question is yes, we support Ontime 2010.

Regarding the WebServer and the SDK installations.

The WebServer installation is only necessary to browse tasks.

I mean when you are visualizing an OnTime task in Plastic,

you can click a button to Open the task with the WebBrowser.

If they don't have WebServer they won't have this functionality,

but the rest should work.

Cheers,

Miller

• 5 months later...

I tried to integrate Plastic SCM to OnTime 2010. After specified issue tracking system, Web Server Url, Sdk Url, security GUID, clicked Test connection in ...Plastic SCM\Options\Issue Tracking\, I received The test connection failed: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

With assumption that if I can add a OnTime web service into a project from Visual Studio 2010 I should be able to use OnTime SDK via Plastic SCM. I then tried to 'add Service Reference' within Visual Studio 2010 but failed with either 401 or 405 error codes. I then tried to 'add Web reference' in VS 2010 and I was able to add the services provided in OnTime SDK. OnTime tech support indicated that OnTime SDK are SOAP web services. The reason that in VS 2010 'add service reference' could not pickup the OnTime web service is that it tries to add WCF data services. Does Plastic SCM do the same when trying to test connection and receives the connection errors?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

They used to support it, actually they do, last time I wanted to try the integration I had to cry a lot and finally they gave me access to the SDK capabilities.

They promise me that the local installation works as the hosted one but I haven't give it a try.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

The legacy OnTime SDK has been discontinued for support and is no longer available for OnTimeNow accounts as it has been replaced with the new OnTime API.  We encourage all of our vendors to update their applications using this new API as new users will not be able to use your previous integration.  For more information regarding our API, you can visit our developer page here: http://developer.ontimenow.com/

Archived