Download Older Versions

In short, where can I download a Linux 64 client for 3.0.187.35?

Details:

I've just joined a team who are all using 3.0.187.35. Forcing everyone else to upgrade isn't really a viable option. No-one else has a Linux 64 installer so I tried to download it but I only see installers for .37 and .38.

I tried .37 but that won't work. Both the command-line client and the GUI complain of a version mismatch. The GUI tries to download the appropriate client version automatically but it fails with a 404.

There's a pretty clear warning on the downloads page that I shouldn't use .38. Given my lack of other options I gave it a go and, to my surprise, it seems to work OK. However, I'm hugely worried that it'll cause some sort of nasty explosion further down the line. Is it safe to use the .38 client against a .35 server? I don't need/want a local server, I just need to be able to commit changes to the remote .35 server. Any changes I commit to the server must remain compatible with other users who are using the .35 client.

It seems odd to me that the .37 client can't work with a .35 server. Am I missing something? Surely it's common for members of large, distributed teams to be using slightly different versions at the same time?

Is there any good reason why older versions are not made readily available on the downloads page? It would have saved me hours of fighting and frustration if I'd been able to download the version I wanted straight away. Plastic is new to me and even if all the problems I've had are my own fault it would have removed a lot of doubt in my mind if I had been able to use a version that I knew was compatible with the rest of the system.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Archived