Problems with sync

wvd_vegt

I'm curious, when you created the branch, did you create it as a CHILD branch using the GUI, or a TOP LEVEL branch (maybe using the command line)?

Do you have other PCs where the view is correct?

I had some weirdness like that after converting a project from CVS, but when I looked at some of the branch information, it seemed to indicate they were top level branches, rather than child branches.  I've since wiped that project and re-imported.  Have not seen that come up again though.  All of the branches I imported from CVS are top level (they have no parent), but any new ones I create with the GUI are child branches of a particular release version.

Hi

Yes one of the screenshots is from the actual development machine and is correct. The bottom one was a child branch as can be seen in the other screenshot. There is just some changesets missing in the replica (I only pulled on the faulty repo).

The faulty screenshot is from a machine where the OS has been transferred/cloned and afterwards the machine was renamed and the PlasticSCM selector adjusted to the new machine name. The faulty repo was synced from the development machine thru a server based repo.

I know it's probably best to delete the faulty repo and recreate it, but I'm curious what went wrong (I had another one more repo like this). So I saved a copy and deleted it, recreated the repo and synced with the server (so the server was ok too).

regards

Hi,

Are you using sync view? I will try to reproduce the issue, mounting a sync scenario changing Plastic selector. Are you getting any error? Or just the last changesets are not being detected.

Right click the branch --> Replication --> Pull Remote Branch,  is not working fine?

Regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos

Yes using sync view, saw no error message at all(I just had for quite some time the message no changeset, so nothing to pull).

Since my last attempt new changesets where detected (resulting in the disjunct branch view).

I resolved it by deleting the faulty workspace (after creating a fast-export of good/bad repos). I also have the faulty db.

I did some comparing of the fast-export and remembered i had some trouble with the web gui (leading to some changes in authorisation and user mapping, think i mapper Veg & veg onto veg).

incorect fast-export starts like:

commit refs/heads/main
mark :2
author veg <veg> 1334427847 +0200
committer veg <veg> 1334427847 +0200

correct one:

commit refs/heads/main
mark :2
author Veg <Veg> 1334427847 -0500
committer Veg <Veg> 1334427847 -0500

regards

Hi,

Good to know the sync view is working fine now after creating a new workspace. If the issue appears again, I can get connected to review it. If you are able to reproduce the issue, I will be happy to get connected too :)

Regards,

Carlos

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I had anothet two of these sync problems (the pulling side showing no changesets).

Luckily not my master repo and only a project i share myself between two machine with a server in between, so a delete & recreate solved it for now. But it's getting annoying.

Btw using v4.2.35.452

regards

Hi,

The problematic repositories are improted, right? Do you have any pattern of the issue, or just it happened in different repos and branches?  if you use: Right click the branch --> Replication --> Pull Remote Branch, it´s working fine?  

Regards,

Carlos 

Hi Carlos

The non-standard things I did was switch to a new computer at the problem end and edit all descriptors to use the new machine name (i copied all the content and databases).

I sync with a server in between home and work (but as my new work machine is a laptop i can also sync home and work directly, but i have not done that often to prevent problems with loops.

The third thing is that at boths ends i have the same username but at the problem side i now get warnings on duplicate usernames for different seid

CM chkdb gives some errors like:

Revision 317 hasn't got data in database rep_7.plastic.sdf

User -1 pointed by replicationlog 968 does not exist in database rep_108.plastic.sdf

and more recently

Seid for name veg has more than one value in database rep_103.plastic.sdf

Since a couple of days (i synced a project with git @ codeplex)

Attribute for name sync-git has more than one value in database rep_158.plastic.sdf.
  Attribute for name sync-meta-git has more than one value in database rep_158.plastic.sdf.

But most repo's are without error. Is there a way to get rid of these errors (repair utility)?

With that last repo, plastic's layout looks completely different than git. And also the two m

achines seem to have separated their branches (so i have two sets of identical changes and have to merge those).

It started when i synced work with home (thru the server) and synced work with an empty git. Then I synced home with work and got two branches. I also synced home with git. But this project syncs (but not well).

regards

Hi I just noticed that the repo that did not sync well has a lot of these errors:

Item 227 hasn't got revisions in database rep_8.plastic.sdf. 
Item 232 hasn't got revisions in database rep_8.plastic.sdf. 
Item 676 hasn't got revisions in database rep_8.plastic.sdf. 
Item 678 hasn't got revisions in database rep_8.plastic.sdf. 

Both at the server and at home (cannot check the work db as i recreated it and pulled again).

regards

Archived