Modifying a Read-Only Xlink

dgplugge

As a fairly new user of Plastic SCM Community Edition, I found myself in a bit of a pickle.  I created a Read-Only Xlink to a Common Library.  I then made code changes including changes to the Common Library via the XLink.  Since the XLink is Read-Only I can't check-in those changes.  My thought was to set the working space to the Common Library and check the changes in from the Common Library repository.

Unfortunately, I find the the Common Library does not see the changes in the actual working space.  I imagine that is because the changes are in the database and memory only.  Now that I am in this situation, I need to get the changes checked.  The XLink User's Guide tells me I can change the XLink to writable, however that causes an error.  How can I get my coding changes into the proper Common Library repository and how can I change my Xlink to a WXlink?

dgp

Hi,

I´m afraid that it´s not possible to modify the content of a Read-Only Xlink.  I recommend you to copy the modified files to a different folder and checkin the changes or make a backup of them, then create a new workspace with a Writable-Xlink and commit the changed files in the desired folder

Regards,

Carlos

Archived