Using a Proxy for an SSL connection

Hi

I'm using a plastic deployed to Amazon so the connection from the clients to it is done over SSL

Upon first connection, the client gets the 'Hostname mismatch in secure connection' and I click on OK

I installed a plastic proxy locally and configured the client to use it but it looks like the proxy is unable to establish connection with the server.

From its log file:

2013-07-02 14:05:11,162 (null) (null) ERROR Codice.CM.Server.ExceptionTracerSink - Dumping in-transit exception:Cannot create channel sink to connect to URL 'ssl://ip-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX:8088/ItemHandler'. An appropriate channel has probably not been registered.

2013-07-02 14:05:11,256 (null) (null) INFO  ChannelCall - recb:  1271|rect:  0|sentb:  2203|sendt:  0|prt:     172|th: 4476|dest:   0|mt:     125|sert:  16|zip:   0|       10.1.1.16|GetObjectsData

Hi Rami,

Where is the proxy installed? If it's on a different machine than yours you will need to install the Amazon machine certificate on it. In that way the Proxy will be able to establish the SSL communication with the amazon machine.

On my machine I found the certificate in the Current User\Plastic client\Certificates store using MMC certificate snapin but where ever I try to import it on the proxy machine it still doesn't work

I tried both to install for Local Machine and the 'Plastic Proxy' Service account in 'Certificates' or 'Trusted root certificates'

The certificate is already in the 'Plastic client' store since I installed plastic client and OK'ed the certificate when the dialog appeared.

The proxy is running as a service so in any case it doesn't have access to the user account I'm using

Archived