Undoing changes on a file located in a readonly Xlink tree

FredM

Hi,

I had setup a readonly xlink inside a workspace and ended up actually modifying a file exposed via this xlink.

I think at some point I checked whether Plastic detected the change by pressing F5 in the items view and noticed that Plastic did in fact detect the change.

Having realized the dead end I was going into I thought the natural way to undo this would simply mean undoing my changes on this file but the Windows client I use refuses after this dialogue:

Me: Right mouse button : Undo changes

Plastic: "You are going to undo 1 changes. This operation can't be undone. Continue ?"
Me: Yes
Plastic:  Error box "It is not possible to modify items in a readonly xlink"

Even though I restored the file to a non modified state, it still appears in the pending changes as changed.

Has anyone an idea on how I could tell Plastic that this file is not modified anymore ?

(I'm using version 4.1.10.460 - Burgos on Win 7 64)

Fred

Hi,

The fastest way to undo the changes in your scenario is: Go to the specific folder using Windows Explorer --> Manually delete the modified file --> Update the workspace.   This way, the file will be restored.

Another option could be: Preferences --> Other options --> behavior when trying to switch/update the workspace with changes items --> Allow

Regards,

Carlos

Archived