Lost repository access due to misconfiguration of permissions

FredM

Hello,

Using v.41. Burgo 4.1.10.460 I did usual mistake : denying all permissions to all users on a couple of existing repositories.

I can't see at all these repositories in the repo list in the Plastic client.

Could you please pass me the instructions to reset these repos to their security default.

Thanks in advance

FredM

ps: I tried upgrading to 4.2 but then I couldn't see any repositories anymore, not even the ones of which I hadn't changed the security permissions.

Okay problem solved after a bit of digging through "Permissions" and "Repository server permissions" in the Repositories list, and unticking what I had ticked previously.

Haven't quite understood the differences between "Permissions" and "Repository server permissions" though.

Fred

Hi Fred,

I'm happy to know that it's working again.

Look, the "Repository server permissions" is the top ACL where almost every object inherits from. So it's the first level.

The "Permissions" for a repository object is the ACL for that repository, which, as I said it will be the same one as the repository server due to it's inhering from it. Of course you can customize the permissions on both levels.

Okay thanks for the clarifications

As an end user comment on usability : unless I didn't get the idea it seems to me that the "Repository server permissions" button should not appear on each repository context menu.

What would seem more intuitive to me : display the repository list as a tree view with the top node being the root repository ACL "authority" and having the repositories as children.

Thus, doing a right mouse button on this top node and pressing the "Permissions" button would be the same as selecting the "Repository server permissions". That way you could remove the "Repository server permissions" button from the repositories context menu.

Archived