Upgrading blew away my repository list!!!

I just upgraded from 4.1.10.407 to 4.1.10.465 and after it was all said and done I found I could not sync with a remote repository. Digging deeper I found only "default" in my list of repositories. Visual Studio seems broken too... any way to fix this? I see all my repos (I use SQLite) so they apparently still exist. They're just not linked with Plastic anymore.

Edit: Did the SQLite naming conventions change? My old files are prefix_rep_#.plastic_suffix.sqlite the new ones are prefix_rep_#_suffix.plastic.sqlite

Hi,

I´m going to review the same scenario using SQLite and updating to  4.1.10.465 version. Are you using Linux?

If the repositories are stored on Plastic server folder, you can readd them to Plastic using "cm addrep" command. Please, tell me if they are detected after run the command. Anyway, I´m, going to test the scenario.

Regards,

Carlos

I'm currently using Windows 7. Just for the hell of it, I backed up my repos, then renamed them using the new naming format and Plastic found everything. So I'm assuming there was a naming convention change (for SQLite at least) and instead of renaming my existing files, it just created a new repository base (which is why I only saw "default").

Hi,

I´m afraid to inform you that we have decided to continue using the new naming format. The change was made because of an issue related to the duplicity of prefix and suffix on some database file backends.

These are the instructions in case more people have the same issue:

Who does this affect?

This information will only affect you if you have configured a prefix/suffix on your db.conf file and you are using  any of the next databases:  Firebird, SQLServer CE, SQLite.

How does it affect you?

After the 4.1.10.431 release, if you create a new repository, a database file will be created will the next format:

prefix_rep_#_suffix.plastic

When you update your Plastic SCM server (after 4.1.10.431 version),  if you open Plastic SCM GUI, you will see that your repositories are not initially detected. You only need to rename the database files using the new naming format, and after restating Plastic service, you can continue working normally.

Eg :  If you have 2 repositories using SQLite backend, you will need to rename the next files.

Rename file:  prefix_repositories.plastic_suffix.sqlite      to:  prefix_repositories_suffix.plastic.sqlite

Rename file:  prefix_rep_1.plastic_suffix.sqlite                    to:  prefix_rep_1_suffix.plastic.sqlite

Rename file:  prefix_rep_2.plastic_suffix.sqlite                    to:  prefix_rep_2_suffix.plastic.sqlite

If you have any question, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived