Simply - rename/move the directory used by a Workspace ("path on disk")

Hey,

On my Mac using the normal X11 Mac Client,

1. I created a new workspace called "XYZ"

2. I used a repository on my own PlasticSCM server (a hosted unix box), no problem

3. In the "New Workspace" dialog box. You choose "Path on disk".

So on my Mac I chose a folder called "ABC" sitting on the desktop.

4. All no problem.

However.  I simply want to change the name of the folder "ABC" to "New Name".

How to do this?

The only workaround I found: simply deleted the workspace altogether (but not the folder of course). Renamed the folder to "New Name".  Started a new workspace from that Repo.  For "Path on disk", I chose that folder "New Name"

There must be an easier way!

As well as renaming "ABC", one would often want to move it.  Thanks for any info

post-13931-0-13997000-1376236956_thumb.png

post-13931-0-13997000-1376236956_thumb.png

Hi,

Using the GUI, If you go to Workspaces tab you cane edit the workspace name (not workpsace path).

If you want to change workspace path eg: from "c:\tmp\XYZ" to "c:\tmp\ABC" the best workaround  is deleting the .bplastic folder of the workspace (be sure you don´t have pending changes that don´t want to lose). Then, you can rename the folder and create a new workspace selecting the new path. You won´t need to update the workspace because the files are already there.

You can also create a new workspace, using a new path, pointing to same repository (the only difference is this way you will need to update the workspace).

Regards,

Carlos

Archived