Modified file but "Item is not changed in current workspace"

aamarber

Hello, my problem is that I have a modified file on my workspace (ModelSchemasController.cs) and on pending changes is shown as "Changed". But when I try to checkin the change there's an error saying "The item /Karira.ECM.WebAPI/Controllers/ModelSchemasController.cs is not changed in current workspace".

I have tried clicking on Undo changes, on Apply local change, deleting the file and adding it again, leaving the file as it was before the change, deleting the .suo of visual studio, restarting visual studio, doing all this things from visual studio plugin and from Plastic GUI but nothing works.

Can you help me? I need to checkin the file, but I don't know what else I can do. Thanks!

Hi, 

Can you try using command line?

"cm status --changed"   to check if the file is showed as changed. Finally perform the commit operation:

"cm ci --all"

Plase review that you are performing the operation in the apropiate workspace path.

If you use Windows Explorer, and manually delete the file, is it still showed as changed??

Regards,

Carlos

• 1 month later...

I have just had a problem that sounds much like this. I made a checkin, but my Plastic client kept telling me that the files I checked in were changed. When I tried to Undo changes it said I couldn't undo because the item was not changed. When I tried Undu unchanged nothing happened. When I tried checking in, I was told that there were no changes to check in. And still the Plastic GUI (and cm) claimed that there were changes and added files.

I went in and deleted the files that had issues on disk. Plastic then correctly found them deleted. I then checked in - deleting the files. Afterwards i reverted to the old changeset. Lo and behold, my files were back and no changes listed in Plastic. Finally I deleted the deletion changeset as this was not needed.

So all in all. No harm done - but a quite unsettling experience. I am reasonably new to Plastic and really loving it. But this was a very bad experience.

Hi,

Are you able to reproduce the issue or the issue just suddenly happened on a concrete changeset?

Did it happen on Linux, right?

Can you run "/opt/PlasticSCM/mono/bin/mono --version"   I´ve seen a similar mono related issue before.

What Plastic version are you using?

Regards,

Carlos

• 2 months later...

I'm seeing this as well on the Mac with Unity. The file is unchanged (doing a diff with previous version yields "files are identical") and when I try to checkin the file is not listed in the changed files. Yet it is marked as changed in the explorer. I'm using version 5.0.44.509.

post-27641-0-20055000-1386416329_thumb.png

post-27641-0-03994300-1386416331_thumb.png

post-27641-0-91113900-1386416332_thumb.png

Ok, we can try the following (I saw a similar issue but all the files in the workspace were affected not only a few)

1) First commit all the pending work you have. Leave the workspace clean of real changes.

2) Enable the "Enable shared workspaces support (Samba/WinShare)" preference, you will find it at the "Preferences -> Other options" panel.

3) Close the GUI

4) Open a terminal, and execute "rm /your/workspace/path/.plastic/plastic.wktree"

5) Open the GUI and update your workspace.

Now continue working and check if you get more weird changed items.

It seems that if you write files in a samba drive the timestamp is not written properly in the HD, it has a very small delay that causes a mismatch with the timestamp that uses Plastic SCM. So we are aware of it if you set that preference on.

The same seems to happen to MacOS....

• 5 years later...

Archived