Currently using: 4.1.10.473 - Mendoza  (was present in .457 as well)

AD integrated security - server (.450) configured for AD integrated security.

Win 7 x64

Have found a couple of issues with the client GUI tool.

1)   Received a "Tcp transport error.  The authentication or decryption has failed.: <plastic server: 8088>

in the Branch explorer, I selected a branch that has attribute values associated with it. 

I then selected the 'Properties' tab.

Followed by selecting a different branch that did not have attributes values associated with it.

Then clicking on Attributes tab caused the error.

(I found the above, while trying to reproduce the below) - I can pretty reliably reproduce this one.

2) GUI Hangs when switching to the Attributes tab.

No error is received, but the applications stops responding.  Clicking the X to close the app results in Win7 prompting with options to "try to restore program", "close the program", or "wait for the program to respond".  Selecting "try to restore program" results in error as above. "Tcp transport error.  The authentication or decryption has failed.: <plastic server: 8088>, or error as below "Tcp transport error. IO exception during read.:<plastic server: 8088>

--App appears to eventually time out, though it is a lengthy wait, and pops the IO exception during read error.  (My patients is usually too short to wait for the timeout, hence the "try to restore program" selection as detailed above.

3) Switch to Attributes tab results in "Tcp transport error. IO exception during read.:<plastic server: 8088>

Received this one while trying to duplicate above hang, switching between various tabs and branches with and without attribute values associated with them.

I do have Jira extension/integration enabled and this is one of the tabs being switched to - not sure if that matters, but may be relevant for troubleshooting.

I don't recall seeing these types of issues in the branch explorer prior to adding Conditional format elements and attribute values for branches, so that is the only reason I think they are related.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. In a basic scenario I´m not able to reproduce the issue. I will try using Jira integration. One question: are you using SSL connection? Would be great to know if you can reproduce the issue without using SSL.

Regards,

Carlos

Installed new client in VM - non-SSL mode - didn't configure Jira integration.

Not able to reproduce issue until copying the conditional format rules to the branchexplorer.cfg file

Once those rules were in place, the UI responded the same way - non-responding with timeout popping an error.

It was definitely harder to reproduce with the non-SSL configuration. -and in fact, may not be producible at all without having the SSL client in the failed/hung state.

So, it doesn't appear to be caused specifically by the Jira integration or switching to that tab.

It appears to be caused by SSL latency - I had my main client in that state when I reproduced the issue with the non-ssl (secondary) client - this is the error received from that one.

post-4578-0-56810100-1377884951_thumb.png

BOTH errors showed up within seconds of each other, even though they were caused at different times - e.g. I reproduced the problem on SSL machine, then took 20-30 seconds to repro on non-ssl machine and waited for timeout to occur - but both errors showed up (ssl failed, then non-ssl failed) within 1 second of each other. I would have expected the SSL to show up, then the non-ssl to show up 20-30 seconds later rather than at nearly the same time.

Removing the conditional format items and restarting the Plastic client, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem at all on the non-SSL client, even when the SSL client was hung.

BranchExplorer.cfg contents:

[Default]
display.attributes.visible=false
display.changestats.visible=false
display.extension.visible=false
display.navigator.visible=false
display.options.branch_level_filter=-1
display.options.draw_branches=true
display.options.draw_crossbranch_changeset_links=true
display.options.draw_labels=true
display.options.draw_merge_links=true
display.options.draw_only_relevant_changesets=false
display.options.draw_taskinfo=true
display.options.end_date=635016671990000000
display.options.full_branch_names=true
display.options.layout_mode=0
display.options.show_parent_to_child_arrows=true
display.options.start_date=630846144000000000
display.options.visible=false
display.properties.legend=false
display.properties.visible=true
display.properties.zoom=0.6999995
filters.conditional.numrules=11
filters.conditional.rule0.color=255,0,128
filters.conditional.rule0.type=current_selector_branch
filters.conditional.rule1.branches_query=attribute="Status" and attrvalue="complete"
filters.conditional.rule1.color=255,255,255
filters.conditional.rule1.type=simple_query
filters.conditional.rule10.branches_query=attribute="issueType" and attrvalue="build"
filters.conditional.rule10.color=30,117,0
filters.conditional.rule10.type=simple_query
filters.conditional.rule2.branches_query=attribute="Status" and attrvalue="inprogress"
filters.conditional.rule2.color=255,255,206
filters.conditional.rule2.type=simple_query
filters.conditional.rule3.branches_query=attribute="Status" and attrvalue="pending"
filters.conditional.rule3.color=128,0,255
filters.conditional.rule3.type=simple_query
filters.conditional.rule4.branches_query=attribute="issueType" and attrvalue="patch"
filters.conditional.rule4.color=255,128,0
filters.conditional.rule4.type=simple_query
filters.conditional.rule5.branches_query=attribute="issueType" and attrvalue="bug"
filters.conditional.rule5.color=255,0,0
filters.conditional.rule5.type=simple_query
filters.conditional.rule6.branches_query=attribute="issueType" and attrvalue="todo"
filters.conditional.rule6.color=175,250,247
filters.conditional.rule6.type=simple_query
filters.conditional.rule7.branches_query=attribute="issueType" and attrvalue="story"
filters.conditional.rule7.color=255,255,0
filters.conditional.rule7.type=simple_query
filters.conditional.rule8.branches_query=attribute="issueType" and attrvalue="ProductVersion"
filters.conditional.rule8.color=194,135,135
filters.conditional.rule8.type=simple_query
filters.conditional.rule9.branches_query=attribute="issueType" and attrvalue="improvement"
filters.conditional.rule9.color=0,255,128
filters.conditional.rule9.type=simple_query
filters.conditional.visible=false

Archived