Plastic SCM errors when using in VS 2010 Premium

alexshuv

Hello,

We're using version PlasticSCM-4.1.10.473-windows.

I'm currently having errors when trying to use Plastic inside VS 2010, in a .NET C# project targetting .NET 4.0 Framework.

When I right click a source code file (.cs) and select Plactic SCM -> Diff with previous, what it does, it only displays a message box with caption 'Plastic SCM' and the following message text: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

When I select with the right click Plastic SCM -> Diff.. then it opens the dialog to select some parameters. I leave the defaults and press OK. This either crashes VS or nothing happens at all.

Selecting Plactic SCM -> History gives same 'Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.' message box.

It's the same deal with Plactic SCM -> History as 2D...

Now, to the View menu group!

When I select from the VS menu View -> Plastic SCM -> Pending changes under Solution, it shows a message box again. This message box has the caption 'Error' and message text 'Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. No tab group available to store new view'

Same thing, when I select View -> Plastic SCM -> Branches

& ... -> Branch Explorer

& Labels

& Changesets

& Repositories

& Sync replication

& Workspace explorer

& Pending changes on Workspace

Those are the ones that persist currently.

Alex

Hi, I tested this version and it seems that everything is working fine.

I think you have an issue in your workspace. Let´s follow these steps as workaround:

- Close all VS2010 tabs.

- File --> PlasticSCM --> Change SOurce Control --> Unbind solution and project

- Close VS2010

- Open Plastic, and create a workspace for your project (be sure its updating fine)

- Open VS2010 --> File --> PlasticSCM --> Change SOurce Control --> Bind solution and project

- Now everything should work fine

Regards,

Carlos

Archived