Anyway to hide repositories?

Xorcist

Is there any way to flag a repository (in this case using MSSQL) so that users don't have the option of selecting it for pulling/pushing/syncing. I have certain old repos that I want to depreciate, but not delete entirely. We just had an issue were a user synced to or from a backup repo and somehow created two heads, which then broke it horribly. We then needed to perform a couple hours of fixes to get everything back in order. Just hoping to prevent this in the future.

P.S. I know I can attempt to move the repos to a new server and then just delete them from the main server, but that would require me to setup another server.

I think I made a mistake. I removed view/read from the Server Repository Permissions and now all the repositories are not showing. Any way to fix this?

I tried:

cm acl -user=all -allowed=+view,+read

but that didn't work, I think I might have been missing a parameter because it gave me the usage text afterwards.

EDIT: got it fixed I needed to add on the repserver option, for that server. Ended up being this:

cm acl -user=all -allowed=+view,+read repserver:LOCALHOST:8087

Okay, so seems I have another issue. This time I applied permissions directory to a repository. But once again it disappeared. I guess this is due to setting permissions under ALL USERS. I'm logged in as an admin, so I'm not 100% sure why I can't see it. Worse yet, I can't seem to get the repo back. It keeps listing that I don't have permissions for the operation view. Do I need view permissions to set permissions?

This is the line I'm trying to run:

cm acl -user=all -allowed=+view,+read -denied=-view,-read rep:tsHeilman@LOCALHOST:

EDIT: I ended up just hacking the database directly to get it back (so it matched one that was showing up). Probably not the best idea, but it worked (required a plastic service restart though).

P.S. What is the proper way to set these permissions to that I can always access them, but other users can't. Do I need to create a new user for myself and assign permissions to all the repos for myself, then remove read/view permissions from all users? Most of the repos are owned by their respective creators and I'd rather not change that if I don't have too.

EDIT: I ended up just hacking the database directly to get it back (so it matched one that was showing up). Probably not the best idea, but it worked (required a plastic service restart though).

You deserve one of our new t shirts, send me your address in a PM and I'll take case of sending you one.

P.S. What is the proper way to set these permissions to that I can always access them, but other users can't. Do I need to create a new user for myself and assign permissions to all the repos for myself, then remove read/view permissions from all users? Most of the repos are owned by their respective creators and I'd rather not change that if I don't have too.

I would create groups so you can define a security policy per group. Adding or denying everything for ALL_USERS can lead into problems , it's easier if you deny the access for a certain user or group. You don't even need to deny the permission, you can uncheck the allow checkbox.

And always, always, always define a root user. The root user is the owner of the repository server item. (Right click in any of your reps -> Repository server permissions -> Owner -> You)

I would create groups so you can define a security policy per group. Adding or denying everything for ALL_USERS can lead into problems , it's easier if you deny the access for a certain user or group. You don't even need to deny the permission, you can uncheck the allow checkbox.

And always, always, always define a root user. The root user is the owner of the repository server item. (Right click in any of your reps -> Repository server permissions -> Owner -> You)

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Archived