Explorer Integration Not Fully Functional

mkmarq

I recently installed Plastic SCM looking toward replacing our existing TortoiseSVN setup.

The pictures shown on the features pages seem to show the Plastic SCM explorer integration causing status indicators to show on source-controlled files and folders.

However, my installation fails to show any status indicators in explorer, even though it does have the right-click menu with Plastic SCM functions.

I am running Windows 7 SP1 32bit.

Am I misunderstanding the feature set, or is there a problem with my installation?

Hi,

Did you select "Windows Explorer" field when installing Plastic?  Right clicking the folder, are you getting the Plastic SCM menú?

Status indicator should be shown.

If you are coming from TortoiseSVN, you are used to work with "Explorer Integration", but I recommend you to check our GUI. It´s very very powerful and maybe you will consider to use it instead of the "Explorer Integration".

Regards,

Carlos

Yes, I selected explorer integration when installing and am getting a right-click menu.

Primary purpose of the explorer integration would be to allow quick identification of changed files/folders without having to open up the GUI (a few of our developers are quite attached to this aspect of Tortoise SVN).

Also, my primary dev laptop's installation (Win7 SP1 32bit) inexplicably began displaying status indicators on files, but not folders, in workspaces.  

My secondary dev laptop (Win8 64bit) displayed indicators for both files and folders without trouble immediately upon installation.

Are there any known issues that might be causing some indicators to not display in explorer on the first laptop?

Archived