Strange GDI+ error in ubuntu 13.10

mukesh@zapty.com

Hi,

I am using a brand new system with ubuntu 13.10 and have installed the plastic scm through normal procedure as it was described in the post http://www.plasticscm.com/plastic-for-linux/index.html using debian package. I have only installed the plasticscm-client package.

The installation went on well and immediately after installation I am able to run plastic and connect to my repositories and do all operations. However when I exit plastic and restart it, I see plastic GUI loading and  it tries to open some popup window and crashes with GDI+ error. If I remove .plastic4 folder and start plastic I am able to configure and continue to use plastic. But on restart I consistently get the GDI+ error. Also during initial launch if kill the plastic process instead of using the Window Close icon, then I am able to launch the plastic process w/o any error. So essentially If I avoid pressing the window close button and somehow exit the process I can relaunch the plastic and use GUI.

I have attached the log generated by using MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug to this message to give some idea of error being reported. 

Please help me resolve this.

Thanks in advance for help.

Following is the error message after briefly the plastic GUI starts to load, (detailed error log is attached)

--------------------------

System.Exception: Generic Error [GDI+ status: GenericError]
  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Drawing.Graphics.FillRectangle (System.Drawing.Brush brush, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Drawing.Graphics.FillRectangle (System.Drawing.Brush brush, Rectangle rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Graphics:FillRectangle (System.Drawing.Brush,System.Drawing.Rectangle)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintControlBackground (System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs pevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaintBackground (System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs pevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

p.txt

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. We have a task to fix this issue. I´ve seen it only using Ubuntu.  If you close the GUI, and then when opening this error happens, only deleting "guivisualstate.xml" file should be enough (not necessary to delete the complete .plastic4 folder) to restart the GUI without errors. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived