protocol encryption

maxim_ge

Normally that is handled on a network layer, like for example establishing VPN between the Plastic SCM clients and the server.

anything traveling into the VPN tunnel should be p2P and secure.

However, we developed SSL with Plastic so the traffic is encrypted, and we are working on it to improve a couple of things, but it is working now and released for the "interested users".

visit our Blog that has the full description of setting up Plastic connections with SSL

Plastic SCM SSL Connections - Reborn

Miller

• 10 months later...

I've tried to follow the instructions on the kowledge base article to enable this but I'm getting the following error when trying to start the service:

Configuration file '/opt/plasticscm/server/remoting.conf' could not be loaded: Invalid data and/or password

My server is running on linux though, and the article would seem to suggest that this is only available on Windows for the time being. Is that the case? I used the standard openssl method to create my key and cert (the key does not require a password).

Cheers,

Chip

@photex,

the SSL implementation in Plastic SCM 3.0 requires using certificates in the PFX format, so far these are generated with the makecert tool from the MS SDK (I don't know if openssl is able to generate this format).

This has been greatly improved in Plastic SCM 4.0 (beta available for download), supporting openssl certificates and out-of-the-box SSL.

Cheers,

David

Archived