Invalid password. Review your user/password configuration.

exon_02

Hello,

last week we reinstalled our plastic scm server, and now i'm trying to get our teamcity build working again.

I have adjusted our VCS root and when i Test the connection i get a the message "Connection successful!".

When we build our project we have a build step who checks in our changes. There we get the message "Invalid password. Review your user/password configuration." .

Any idea's why and how we can fix this problem. 

We haven't changed anything on the build steps, just copied the client.config to the teamserver folder like mentioned in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8880356/user-configuration-for-teamcity-and-plastic-scm 

The client config is from a local user who has an agent running on his machine. Team city is installed on a server who uses the agent on the local machine.

Best regards

Hi!

If the message is "Invalid password. Review your user/password configuration." make sure the "client.conf" you pasted inside the Plastic SCM client directory is correctly configured.

I think the password is truly wrong and that's the issue.

Make sure  you stop and start teamcity after pasting the client.conf file, and make sure there's not any "cm.exe" process running meanwhile the TC server is stopped.

Best,

Manu.

• 3 years later...

Hi i have a similar issue. I created a new user on the server. When i open plastic client on the server and enter the credentials of the new user, it allows the user to log in. 

On a remote pc in the same network, when i use the same credentials its says "Invalid credentials, Username or password is not valid"

i have ensured that the new user has a license allocated through the  command line interface

Other existing users are able to log in on the same remote pc.

thanks

Hi,

What is your authetication mode? Custom user/password?

Is the PC where you are getting the "Invalid credentials, Username or password is not valid" error connecting to the same central server? Or maybe you are using local repos?

If you copy the same "client.conf" from the working machine to the others, it should also work (unless you are reaching a different Plastic server).

Regards,

Carlos.

Thanks Carlos that path fixed it.

I however have a side effect. The Plastic client on the server which was working before now does not show any repositories. If it try to check the branch view of an existing workspace, it says i dont not have permission for operation view. My username and pwd however works.

Have you modified any configuration: client.conf... on the server machine? According to the error message the user you have currently configured in this machine doesn't have enabled permissions. It makes me thing that you have somehow changed the user.

If the issue persists, you can reach us at support@codicesoftware.com and we can arrange a GoToMeeting session.

Regards,

Carlos.