Unable to change authentication type in version 5

On two different versions of Plastic version 5.x (most recently, 5.0.44.505) I have been unable to change the authentication type from Local user and group names defined in the OS. Each time I have selected Active Directory, just like I am currently running in version 4.1.10.473 and each time I am unable to connect from any client machine (the error is about not recognizing the user, which I would expect if it was not running in AD mode). When I open up the Admin tool, it shows Local Users as my authentication type. However, if I open the server.conf file, it shows <WorkingMode>ADWorkingMode</WorkingMode>. Also, whenever I run the configureserver.exe file, it has Active Directory selected as default. To make things even stranger, if I change the authentication type inside the Admin tool, I am unable to start the Plastic 5 service back up. IN the log, it has the following error: 

2013-11-20 10:24:19,204 (null) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM at (null) ERROR Daemon - Plastic Server is not correctly configured. Execute "configurerloader" wizard to configure Server and launch the service again.

If I run the configureserver.exe again, it allows me to re-start the service, but again, it does not reflect that it is running in Active Directory mode.

As mentioned, I've tried two different versions of Plastic 5.x. I've made sure that I'm running the installation, and any subsequent exe files as administrator (and I am an administrator myself on the server). I also tried switching to "Plastic SCM own user and password database" and the Admin tool still didn't reflect the change. I even tried swapping the server.conf file from the working version 4 in to version 5 and still no luck. I'm open to any suggestions, or something else I can look at, because I am fresh out of ideas. In the meantime, version 4 continues to run fine on the same server, just like it always has.

Hi Chris,

We have detected an issue on"admintool". It doesn´t properly detect the authentication type. "configureserver" should allow you to change the authentication mode. You can also check "server.conf" file. This is the authentication mode that Plastic is actually using (altough "admintool" is showing a different one).

Once you check that "server.conf" is using ADWorkingMode,  could you run "plastic --configure" and check if the client is also using ADWorkingMode??

After reviewing the previous information, if you are not able to connect, could you try configuring your server using: LDAP --> Typer of server=Active Directory (also configure the client using LDAP)??

Regards,

Carlos

Thanks Carlos,

Your suggestions helped me look at the error message I was receiving from the client closer and figure out the problem was that I hadn't allowed the new service through the firewall on the server. I've attached a screenshot of the error in case anyone else receives a similar message, they'll know where to start looking for answers.

post-1737-0-88619300-1385061297_thumb.jpg

Archived