Visual Studio plugin odd behaviour

DarkCamper

Hi, I'm have a VS2012 solution controlled by Plastic SCM 5.0.43.490 version. When I select "Check in" on a project in the solution explorer two things may happen:

1. On some projects the "pending changes" window is shown (as expected)

2. On other projects the "Workspace creation" window appears as if the project was not associated with a workspace.

All projects seem to be correctly linked to plastic source control, "undo check-out" works well, checking in from plastic GUI works great, but I simply cannot check in some of my projects from VS (and therefore I can't either checkin the entire solution)

Do you have any idea of what can be happening or what information could I provide to you to find it out?

Thanks.

Hi, I've just tried that.

First I unbind all projects from source control, then I right click in the solution item and choose "Add to source control". When I do this the "create workspace" window is opened (as when checking-in some of the misbehaving projects).

I can manually rebind some projects (the same that were working Ok when checking in) but trying to rebind projects that didn't worked previosly doesn't work ("create workspace" window again)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Are you using the VS2012 package, right? (I mean not SCC plugin)

Is there some kind of pattern with the issued projects? If you create new projects, are they facing the same issue?  Is the issue only happening after upgrading Plastic to the last version?

I will perform some tests in order to reproduce the issue.

Regards,

Carlos

Hi,

I've spent this morning doing more tests... and the conclusion is that I'm dumb...

I had a directory tree like this:

- Core (Workspace of Rep 1)

--- Stuff

--- Test

- WS (Workspace of Rep 2)

--- Core (XLinked to Rep1 Core)

--- --- Stuff

--- --- Test

--- Service

--- --- P1

--- --- P2

--- --- P3

From P1 I had referenced two files in \WS\Core\Stuff (and it worked ok!).From P2 and P3 I had also referenced those files... except I had chosen te ones existing in \Core\Stuff by mistake. So when I tried to check in those two projects what plastic whas trying to tell me was "Hey! You REALLY have files outside the solution's workspace so you should create".

So, in the end it was all my fault and plastic scm is working well.

Thanks for your support and sorry for wasting your time.

PS: Anyway, a possible improvement for VS Plugin would be including more information in such cases (checking in files outside workspace) so that absent-minded developers like me could have a clue about what we are doing wrong.

Archived