File Types

Hi,

For the moment you have 2 different options.

The first one, you can configure the tool to use a specific merge and diff tool for that type of file adding a new rule for each one, on this way you can see text differences or do a textual merge for a binary file. For example you have a .scs file that the tool classified as binary and is a text file, you can change in the client.conf the merge and the diff tools of this way:

<MergeTools>
   <MergeToolData>
     <FileType>enTextFile</FileType>
     <FileExtensions>*</FileExtensions>
     <Tools>
       <string>mergetool -b="@basefile" -bn="@basesymbolic" -bh="@basehash" -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -sh="@sourcehash" -d="@destinationfile" -dh="@destinationhash" -a -r="@output" -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding" -m="@mergetype"</string>
     </Tools>
   </MergeToolData>
   <MergeToolData>
     <FileType>enBinaryFile</FileType>
     <FileExtensions>.scs</FileExtensions>
     <Tools>
       <string>"bmergetool.exe" -b="@basefile" -bn="@basesymbolic" -bh="@basehash" -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -sh="@sourcehash" -d="@destinationfile" -dh="@destinationhash" -a -r="@output" -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="unicode" -m="onlyone"</string>
     </Tools>
   </MergeToolData>
   <MergeToolData>
     <Tools>
       <string>binmergetool -b="@basefile" -bn="@basesymbolic" -bh="@basehash" -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -sh="@sourcehash" -d="@destinationfile" -dh="@destinationhash" -a -r="@output" -m="@mergetype"</string>
     </Tools>
   </MergeToolData>
 </MergeTools>

<DiffTools>
   <DiffToolData>
     <FileType>enTextFile</FileType>
     <Tools>
       <string>mergetool -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -d="@destinationfile" -dn="@destinationsymbolic" -a -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding"</string>
     </Tools>
   </DiffToolData>
   <DiffToolData>
     <FileExtensions>.scs</FileExtensions>
     <Tools>
       <string>"bmergetool.exe" -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -d="@destinationfile" -dn="@destinationsymbolic" -a -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding" </string>
     </Tools>
   </DiffToolData>
   <DiffToolData>
     <Tools>
       <string>binmergetool -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -d="@destinationfile" -dn="@destinationsymbolic"  -a -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding"</string>
     </Tools>
   </DiffToolData>
 </DiffTools>

The other way is use a pipe to change the type of all files with a specific extension, using the same extension .scs in a windows platform you can use:

dir /B /S *.scs | cm crt - -type=txt

• 4 months later...

beyonce, beyonce knowles, beyonce lyrics, beyonce upgrade u lyrics, beyonce and jay z, beyonce world, beyonce falls, beyonce top falls off off stage, beyonce irreplaceable lyrics, beyonce shakira, beyonce and shakira new music video, <a href="http://akonringtones.yourfreehosting.net/?">beyonce ringtones</a> beyonce lyrics, beyonce songs, beyonce videos, beyonceworld.net, beyonce listen lyrics, beyonce irreplaceable, beyonce listen, beyonce irreplaceable lyrics, beyonce and tina turner, beyonce flaws and all lyrics,

beyonce ringtones

Captivity (2007)

Genre: Thriller

Running Time: 1 hr. 38 min.

Release Date: July 13, 2007 (wide)

Distributors: After Dark Films

Cast: Elisha Cuthbert, Pruitt Taylor-Vince, Daniel Gillies, Laz Alonso, Michael Harney

Director: Roland Joffe

Producers: Mark Damon, Leonid Minkovski, Sergei Konov

The folder path where the configuration file is located described in the link below, is not correct (at least not on Windows Server 2003).

The path is:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\plastic

Further, the option doesn't work for me anyway. I've added file extensions and they still show as binary.

With Plastic SCM 2.0' date=' you can customize file types.

You may take a look into the following post:

http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2008/03/custom-file-types.html

Regards[/quote']

• 2 weeks later...

Archived