Error after update from 4.1 to 5, downgrade to 4.1 not working either

Uvaavu

I installed 5 (PlasticSCM-5.0.44.513) over 4.1 (PlasticSCM-4.1.10.460), migrating the MySQL database in the process. 4.1 remained installed however and on running 5 the existing repositories were not visible, just a new blank DB.

I was unable to get the existing DB to show, so uninstalled 5 and re-ran 4.1. This also did not work and no repositories were visible. I then installed PlasticSCM-4.1.10.500 over the top of the previous 4.1 installation and likewise this also did not work.

Attached are the DB's that were created in MySQL by the various installations - we have 10-15 repositories in total, and the original installation had a db_suffix of "_dev".

At this point all i want to acheive is 4.1 with the originally created repositories available again.

post-924-0-60182400-1386602331_thumb.png

Hi Uvaavu,

please review the db.conf file you are having in the Plastic SCM 5 installation, make sure it's connecting with the mysql and it has the right suffix.

If the databases are upgraded to 5 they will not be able to be used with Plastic SCM 4.

Alternative please post us the log file (plastic.server.log) to review what's happening.

Ok, fixed this through backups and VM snapshots.

The 'repositories_dev' DB (that i assume contains the metadata for all reso's?) had been overwritten during the upgrade, losing all previous information about existing repo's.

We rolled back to a VM snapshot of hte server from a few weeks ago, then i overwrote all the rep_xx_dev folders with the ones from our broken server and brought the services back up - everything is there as far as i can tell.

Hi!

I'm happy to hear it's working again :)

Yes, the "repositories" database stores the mapping of the known repositories with their names. The thing you mention about overwriting the info is extremely weird since we don't do that, we just simply read if the file is present otherwise a new one is created.

Archived