Sync between Mac and Windows? (No Repositories Found)

Xorcist

I'm trying to sync my local repo (MacBook Pro) to our master server (Windows Server 2008 R2). But I'm not seeing any repos available?

Running: cm lrep MAXSCM01:8087 from the Mac returns: "There are no repositories in this server.", but trust me, there are repos...

Because on from a Windows 7 machine on the same network it returns a list of 17 repos.

And both clients are setup to use UPWorkingMode. The only difference is the Windows machine has a profile setup that server.

I'm not sure how to setup a profile on the Mac? Could the missing profile be the issue? And if so, how do I set one up?

EDIT: Okay so as a quick fix, I just copied my profiles.conf from my Windows machine to my MacBook Pro, and restarted the plastic client, which works. But I would still like to know how to add a proper profile with the mac client, so if someone could fill me in, that would be much appreciated.

Yes my local server has a repo, and the remote server does as well. When I attempt to setup a sync, and put in the remote server it connects, but it tells me there are no repos. It never auto-created a profile. In fact there was no profiles.conf file until I copied one over from my Windows machine.

A few questions.

Are you using the same authentication method for both servers? maybe User&Passwords...? That might explain why the profile creation dialog didn't popup.

Is you local user having an account for the central server? Is it having permissions there? If it's not having permissions that might explain why it didn't recover any repositories. The central server log file can give us more info about this.

Archived