Cloud - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8084

I just got Plastic SCM setup on Friday with the cloud service and have been using it at home over the weekend on my home computer.  I get in to the office today and am on my 2nd computer and try to connect to the cloud repository and I get "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8084"

How do I fix this??  And why is it showing localhost instead of a cloud address?

Hi!

yes! for this kind of issues... pre-sales, you should contact support at codicesoftware dot com directly.

Here you can only expect the community answer plus the Codice crew, eventually :P

I think your client is configured to work with your local server, for some reason it's not online and the first request fails not leting you to continue with the operation. Do you have a local server? Can you configure Plastic to directly work with the cloud (If that's what you want...).

FIXED:  I put in a request earlier today and received a response back quick.  I needed to start the "Plastic server" service so that it can access the local repository, once this was started it was able to access the cloud repository just fine.  Not sure why this isn't starting up with my computer though, it is set to automatic..

On the support page:

https://www.plasticscm.com/support.html

They should probably take this out:  " It is actively monitored and answered by the Plastic SCM developers too. Questions are answered immediately. "

And maybe add something in to the premium section about pre-sales support: 

Premium!

If you are a paying customer you can create a new ticket on our support platform: 

You can send us the Plastic SCM server log file, we can review if there're issues there preventing to start. You can also check the windows log to check issues there too.

I'll request to upgrade the support page, if you are evaluating Plastic I think it's better to get fast answers :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David,

I would like to get connected with you in order to review the issue. Are you available? Can you tell me when?

Can you please also send me the "C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\server\plastic.debug.log.txt" log file?

Finally, can you please check the windows System log in Windows EventViewer (eventvwr from the command line).
You should see entries with source as 'Service Control Manager'. Check if you have errors there for the Plastic SCM Server.

Hi Manu,

I rebooted my machine and then checked the Task Manager (this is a Windows 10 machine). The Plastic Server 5 service is stopped (it was running before rebooting because I manually started it). I'm attaching the log file.

I could find this in the Event Viewer:

The Plastic Server 5 service failed to start due to the following error: 
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

What other communication channel would you like to use? I'm on PST time zone and today it'll be difficult for me but we could arrange something out for tomorrow.

plastic.debug.log.txt

:( I can't see any error inside the log file, I can't see neither startup attempts. All seems to be working fine, I'm wondering if the startup request is even reaching Plastic.

Can you please copy the following file inside the Plastic SCM server directory? It will generate a file called "plastic.server.debugging.log" I need you to manually stop the Plastic SCM server and delete the "plastic.server.debugging.log" file. Then restart your PC and check if the service is running, if it's not please check if you have the "plastic.server.debugging.log" file and send it to me.

Is " The Plastic Server 5 service failed to start due to the following error: 
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. " all the info windows gives? 

Thanks!

loader.log.conf

Hi Manu,

I've been trying to repro the problem but, since I added your loader.log.conf file, the server starts just fine after rebooting the computer. I don't understand exactly why this may have fixed the issue but, even after deleting the file, the server starts fine. I'm currently looking into another team's member computer who was also having the issue to see if I can get more information for you.

Archived